Join JustParents to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join for free

do you let your kids wear items with there name on?

mumof2mumof2
posted 1 decade 3 years ago
this isnt a debate(well i hope not) just wondered what your feelings are on letting your kids wear tops/bibs/dummys/hair bands etc with there names on? my kids have a few t-shirts that have there names on and the few times they have worn them in public ive had people stop me to say they think its unsafe.ive never saw it this way myself as i never let my kids out of my sight and they would both freely tell people there names anyway so i dont see that it would help anyone to snatch them am i the only one that thinks that? do you think its unsafe and that i am putting them at risk by letting them wear these sweet advertising items? id appreciate your honest opinion

EveryRoseEveryRose
TBH...no as I think they look tacky!

Sorry Embarassed

mumof2mumof2

EveryRose said:

Sorry Embarassed

no need to appologise i did ask for honesty Very happy

BeckyBecky
As long as you're keeping your children safe and near to you & you know where they are, I don't think it's dangerous. As you say, if they would freely give their names to someone, I don't think that having their name on a jumper or hat makes them any more vulnerable. Presumably you teach them to say no to strangers etc, even if they know their name, so I wouldn't worry. Obviously I'm not a mummy yet so people can tell me to be quiet if they wish Wink , but that's just my opinion now.

emma1978emma1978
No never as it could be unsafe.

it easy for a child to wander off, only takes 2 seconds of you not looking

that and i dont like them think they look tacky too

mumof2_jomumof2_jo
Shocked I never thought of it like that Shocked
When Eloise was younger when we were in Spain I had her name printed in flowers on a pink top, she wore it a few times on holiday, but that's all I think Confused

jellybeanjellybean
Cem hasn't got anything with his name on but that's just because i haven't seem anything. If i saw something and liked it i would buy it. I do not feel it would put him in any danger, at the moment he is never out of my sight as he gets older he will be told about "stranger danger".
If you really think about it is it anymore unsafe than saying or calling out your child's name out of door's. We have to keep our children safe but have to be practical as well. Cem had reins when little and has a hand to hand rein now he is two, so he cannot wonder off.

sugarsugar Moderator

EveryRose said:

Sorry Embarassed

I agree i'm afraid! Embarassed

AlexAlex Moderator
Im afraid I think it looks tacky aswell. And not to mention the unsafe factor (that others have mentioed!!) It only takes seconds for a child to be swiped and by wearing things with their name on it gives people more info than they need

mitchmitch

alex said:
Im afraid I think it looks tacky aswell. And not to mention the unsafe factor (that others have mentioed!!) It only takes seconds for a child to be swiped and by wearing things with their name on it gives people more info than they need

agree Embarassed

Join JustParents for free to reply

Search

Questions needing your answer

Latest Reviews