Join JustParents to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join for free

do you share the housework?

mumof2mumof2
posted 1 decade 3 years ago
does your oh pitch in with the housework or do you do it all yourself? we do tend to share the chores at weekends although during the week its mostly done by me simply because im here more with working only part-time

mitchmitch
do it all my self then i no is done propley lol

BeckyBecky
Yes, Rob and I share it. I get quite stressed when things are messy so maybe I do a bit more of the actual cleaning, but that's my choice. Call me crazy, but I don't really mind cleaning! Cuckoo

staceyj18staceyj18
I do most of the cleaning, Ste washes the dishes every night thought what i appreciate because i hate doing them!!

sugarsugar Moderator
DF used to do more than me because i was at work full time but now im off we share it Razz he used to do it ona thurs when he wasnt needed at work!

HayleyHayley
me n jamie share it too, he does dishes every night and ironing and i do everything else Very happy

FfionFfion
- My blog
do we Angry lol!

i do everything, from, cleaning everything washing clothes putting them away, cooking tea, doing pots, lol evertything id down to me,

WitchyPooWitchyPoo
I do most of it once the kids are at school, but the manthing does stuff too if i ask him to if i havn't had time, my kids now work for money doing chores around the house, we have a list of chores and what they can earn by doing them and they choose what they are able to do, they love to earn their money and spend it when we go out, and my weekend i have to do very little Very happy

littleladylittlelady
i do most of it, i make him cook tea though

i love cleaning Embarassed

bunnigirlbunnigirl
well he does more than me he like it his own way and while he is doing it i aint complaining ha ha

hipmommahipmomma
No, I pretty much do it all. He will sometimes do the dishwasher or stuff something in the oven if I ask.

He is your stereotype typical incompetent male when it comes to the home! lol

BettinaBettina
My oh will happily help out now & again but always makes a big deal of it - announcing proudly that he's finished vacuuming a room or just done the washing up. He does a handful of tasks & expects praise while I've been churning thru the rest of it unnoticed. If I stopped to take a bow for each bit of housework I'd never get anything done ! Wink

alis378alis378
The only thing my DP does is the bathroom and even though I had to give it a "proper" clean yesterday. He will sometimes do the washing up and makes a bit thing of it if he does something ... like hes expecting a pat on the back or something. I just say "good", I never say thank you as I never get the thanks back when I do the rest of the house Razz

sliceslice
Oh its very equal in our house.......neither of us do it.lolol well no not strictly true,we share what really needs doing like the ironing and the dishwasher,vacume, but house I must admit always looks very lived in,as we both work full time and when we have finnished chasing Josh around and finaly got him to bed we are both to knackered to do anything anyway, oh well maybe its all about organisation but I never have been good at being organised!!. Razz

mummyheathmummyheath
- My blog
no its not in my household unless i scare him and warn him if i don't get any help I'm gonna end up in hospital with exhaustion and he jumps straight off the sofa.

Join JustParents for free to reply

Search

Questions needing your answer

Latest Reviews