Join JustParents to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join for free

do you think you could forgive an affair?

mystery24mystery24
posted 1 decade 4 years ago
oh yeah u can forgive but never forget its true. Even though I would forgive him I would still throw it back in his face that he cheated. Probably would not get pass it. Especially when u get with a guy try not to fall in love so u dont get hurt. Then when they break that barrier and u fall for them and begin to trust them then it kill the trust thing.

chizzletchizzlet
Having been on the receiving end of this i can honestly say you can forgive (sort of) and it takes time but you will NEVER forget. The problem I have is that I am very insecure now, hate myself and the way I look & feel cos i am a bit overweight, feel that I can't go anywhere with him cos I think he is eyeing up everyone else and wishing he was with them and not me, I constantly throw it up in his face in an argument or if I am feeling particularly low, accuse him of allsorts when he has a night out. He is constantly reassuring me but deep down I KNOW he is behaving himself but I can't let it go. I don't know why but I just can't. If anyone knows of a way to get over this please let me know. This was happening when I was pregnant with my 2nd child (about 5½ yrs ago) and he worked with her. She doesnt work there now but I can't help thinking about it constantly. I think I am going mad............

littleladylittlelady
no i couldnt, for a start he (or she, if dads are reading this) put you through hell, make you feel low and worthless then you attempt to forgive them but always worrying where they are, who they are with, what they are doing, then you go nervous, needy, angry ect ect and the relationship would brake down anyway

but if you have a dad and 6 brothers like mine, your partner would be waaaaay to scared to cheat!! Razz

staceybstaceyb
- My blog
i couldnt. i couldnt forget it and it would eat at me.

candgsmumcandgsmum
I wouldn't be able to forget tbh.

I know my husband can't but he has never thrown it in my face if we have argued. (Don't want to go into detail but it was a drunken thing, not that it makes it any better). If I ever go out on a night out with my colleagues he gets nervous.

I hope if it gets to the point where we have feelings for someone else we will be able to sort it out or part before it becomes physical.

sammie83sammie83

i could neva forgive john if ever he cheated on me. i have told him that from the beginning.....besides i dont think he would anway because i have 7 brothers..yes SEVEN so i think he would be more scared of whta they would do..lol Wink

AmelieAmelie
I think I could forgive. But, like someone else said, I don't suppose you really know until you're in the situation. Reckon I'd get very angry and go mad, but if he was contrite and genuine, I'd give it a go.

imakeboysimakeboys
the simple answer is no.
My husband cheated on me durin our first year, and god does he STILL get grief over it. He broke my heart back then and although i love him til the cows come home its always there at the bk of mi mind that he will do it again...

kelkel
no i could ever forgive or forget, sorry.
my 1st husband cheated on me and i tried so hard not to let it effect out marriage but it did, things are never quite the same as they were.
i know full well mark would never do it so i never even think about it.
as far as i'm concerned no trustno relationship!

chezchez
i could never forgive an affair again. when i was with my ex partner he had an affair and when i found out i felt i had to forgive him coz i was besotted by him but then i could never settle i was always thinking is he really at work or is he out with someone else? or is he really going to the shop or is he going to see some women? i felt like i needed to know where he was all the time and i was a nervose wreck that i couldnt cope anymore so i knew i had to get out so i left him. i have always said since that even though i have been with my partner 4 years now i could never go through feeling like that again even though i really hurts to move on it dont hurt half as much as feeling like that constantly

Join JustParents for free to reply

Search

Questions needing your answer

Latest Reviews