Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

yummy mummy tips

goblueteamgoblueteam
posted 1 decade 4 months ago
Hi im new to this site and i love chatting about all this kind of stuff so thought id ask you all to post all your how to be a yummy mummy tips when you have just that tiny amount of time in the morning to get ready
my tip has to be
whilst the kiddies are eating there breakfast get all the bits and bobs you need and bring a mirror into the dining room and do all your make up and hair things that you need to do in the same room as them whilst they are eating LOL that way you still make sure you leave the house looking half decent Smile
mind you i have to say mine eat so fast i have to be done in seconds Rolling Eyes

whats your tips on how to be a yummy mummy ?

hipmommahipmomma
A good easy done hair cut, or a hat - or both!

A good set of basics clothes

AND (my saving grace) sometimes i just find it impossible to get a shower in the morning. If i havent had one then it makes me feel like not leaving the house! I just have a once over with those kids kandoo wipes, before i get dressed

I am a clean person tho dont get the wrong idea, i just tend to have my baths at night when the kids are in bed! LOL

angelmumangelmum
Every night before bed i wash my face with spot suff then rub some body lotion in to my face only starterd doing this the last 2 week's has my face was looking spoty and dry but now it is looking healthy Clapping

at mo my hair is shot so it dont take much doing but i really want to grow it long again Smile

i dont tend to wear makeup threw the day just if im going out shopping or if im having a night out Smile but i always have lipgloss and eyeliner on me just incase LOL

hapydazyhapydazy Moderator
I start back to work soon, I plan on packing lunches the night before so I have more time to get ready in the a.m.... Aaralyn will be eating breakfast at school so I won't have to worry about that, that's a big bonus! Very Happy

goblueteamgoblueteam
oooo some good tips there!
hats and sunglasses are always handy for those bad hair and i didnt get no sleep last eyes hey Cool

GTTkelGTTkel
If I'm going out early the nexy day I always make sure I shave my legs if needed; and wash my hair the night before so I just have to brush it when I get up,coz I've got long thick hair which takes AGES to comb through. For those days when my hairs abit greasy and I don't have time to wash it I wear a thick head band with polka dots or a funky kind of bandana thing I've got. My hair is my biggest issue really!

AlexAlex Moderator
I wait until Joseph is in bed and fill the machine and wash the clothes (means I get hi dirty clothes from that day dry) in the morning they are then ready to hang up or put in the tumble drier no need to wait for the washing machine to do its stuff Clapping

Mummy5Mummy5

alex said:
I wait until Joseph is in bed and fill the machine and wash the clothes (means I get hi dirty clothes from that day dry) in the morning they are then ready to hang up or put in the tumble drier no need to wait for the washing machine to do its stuff Clapping

And how does this make you a Yummy Mummy? Very Happy Very Happy

AlexAlex Moderator

Mummy5 said:

alex said:

And how does this make you a Yummy Mummy? Very Happy Very Happy

Razz I misread the post Razz

but I find it saves me time in the morning and means I can do other things like my hair etc Razz

goblueteamgoblueteam
oooooooo washing is just a nightmare here in this household so i agree that doing all the washing at night allows you more time in the mornings for us to turn ourselves into yummy mummys although most of you proberly dont need much help but after a rough nights sleep i for sure do haha Wink

Kelly_CaitKelly_Cait
I can't do my washing at night, grr. Live in a 1st floor flat!I love my sleep, sure do try and get an early night!Helps alot in the morning Very Happy

goblueteamgoblueteam

Kelly_Cait said:
I can't do my washing at night, grr. Live in a 1st floor flat!I love my sleep, sure do try and get an early night!Helps alot in the morning Very Happy

thats got to be the best tip ever i love my sleep cant wait til my baby starts so sleep through the night LOL

Kelly_CaitKelly_Cait

goblueteam said:

Kelly_Cait said:

thats got to be the best tip ever i love my sleep cant wait til my baby starts so sleep through the night LOL

How old?? Caitlin didn't sleep through the night til I put her in her own room, that was at 1 1/2!!!Have you thought about doing that?? Well depending on the age!

I also blow dry my hair, easier to put up in the morning and looks better. Got to wear make up, makes me look abit less tired than I really am! Very Happy

morganmummorganmum
posted 1 decade 3 months ago
- My blog
morgan loves trying to help me put on my make up. does take a bit longer but i always get to do it and hes got his own comb to comb his hair with when im doing mine Very Happy

jo-jojo-jo
posted 1 decade 3 months ago
I do everything the night before i pack bags make lunch and get all our clothes ready for the next day. I even (sometimes)organise dinner for the next evening IF im on a roll LOL. That way in the morning i can get ready with out rushing and when i come home there isnt much to do so i spend more time with my lil family Love

Join JustParents for free to reply

Latest Reviews