Join JustParents to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join for free

my boss is an idiot

kimbekimbe
posted 1 decade 3 years ago
the new rota came out today at work ,, and shock horror im on it to work and i should be on maternity leave took forever to get hold of my boss i told her i was leaveing on the 12th ,, she said she though i was leaving on the 27th i was like erm no ive said im leaving on the 12th for ages so she said this was fine and to ignore the new rota

ive put it in writing to her now so she cant forget just dont know how to break it to her that i will not be returing to work ater mat leave anyone have any ideas when i should inform her Confused

AlexAlex Moderator
she should have had it in writing anyway.

Are you going at 29 weeks then??? I worked up until 37wks (and only stopped because I had a show, a urine infection and was slightly aneamic Wink ) The sooner you leave the sooner you have to go back - if you are Razz

Kelly_CaitKelly_Cait
I'd inform her asap, if she put you down til the 27th she might get a lil annoyed that you won't becoming back.

37 weeks Shocked Alex, I was in college til xmas, had Caitlin on the 19th.

kimbekimbe
im 27 weeks and 5 days but i am not leaving till the 12th ive just had enough im a carer and cant hardly do anything except paper work an tea trollys as i cant lift and th eold folk are scared i will hurt my self bless em ,,, im not going back after maternity leave want to be a stay at home mum for a few years Very happy

AlexAlex Moderator

kimbe said:
im 27 weeks and 5 days but i am not leaving till the 12th ive just had enough im a carer and cant hardly do anything except paper work an tea trollys as i cant lift and th eold folk are scared i will hurt my self bless em ,,, im not going back after maternity leave want to be a stay at home mum for a few years Very happy

I can understand then. I was a home carer when I was pregnant but I had good bosses and never went where I had to lift, I got the clients who needed a help making tea or a bit of hoovering or if family were carers and were getting a few hours respite

kimbekimbe
you know what care homes are like then ,,, and thats even before i get started on the staff some of the girls are brill but others just bitch about me saying im lazy and i dont do anything its not my fault i cant lift one min im being slagged for not doing anything and then im being slagged for doing to much ive just had enough of the place and the stress Confused

kimbekimbe
o ive told her im leaving on the 12th and shes fine with it i meean tell her i will not be coming back to work after the baby is born

supernannymjsupernannymj
I worked til 38 weeks - but it was mainly office work - they did send me on an overnight trip to Cornwall from London when I was 36 weeks though - which worried me a bit but was fine in the end

My very last week there was night shifts too - i was so desperate to earn as much cash as I could before going off

Join JustParents for free to reply

Search

Questions needing your answer

Latest Reviews