Join JustParents to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join for free

periods after a baby

sugarsugar Moderator
posted 1 decade 2 years ago
Did ur periods go back to ur old cycle or did ur cycle change after having a baby?

I went on the pill after DD - when i had a break from it my cycle was 40 days long! (nitemare time wondering what was happening until i realised my cycle was 40 days!) b4 having DD i didnt really count my cycle as i always could feel when it was coming.

Just wodnering as to whether my cycle will be the same after having thomas as i'm on day 29 after my first proper period and was hoping i'd have a proper cycle rather then a 40 day one although i suppose there are benefits to a 40 day one only thign is they seem to be a lot heavier and more painful than what i had b4 DD?!

AlexAlex Moderator
my periods were all over the shop before I had DS afterwards I had more regular periods -cycle was 31days Very happy but it didn't last long and they went haywire again and the pains were awful so went back on the pill

casey27casey27
mine became alot more regular after having kyra. i didnt have one for three months after cos i was still expressing milk. they are evry four-five weeks now but i must say they seem to last a day or two longer which is frustrating but it could be worse. x

LadybugLadybug
I didn't get mine for over a year, then it was all over the place - really messed up 'cycles'.

Had about 3 then got aw preggars again Very happyVery happyVery happy

P.S. I think BFing messes with the cycle more though

candgsmumcandgsmum
I my first period after having Charlotte 28 days after having her! They were all 5 days long, not painfull. Went on the pill and spotted in between so came off and period returned to normal again.

After George they have been horrendous, I had my 1st 5 weeks after having him and I've had horrendous PMT, really painful, if they bother arriving and not much of a pattern, although I've just had to sucessive 30 day cycles so fingers crossed. I'm spotting in between at the moment so a little worried my cyst has returned Sad Face

glittergirlglittergirl
My periods were all over the shop anyway before i got pregnant. I would go sometimes 40 days then bleed really heavily with huge clots.I've never had a 'normal' period since starting them at the age of 10!

I think i had my 1st period after giving birth about 3 months afterwards. They didnt get any better, got more heavy and more painful. I only had a week's relief then as soon as i started ovulating, i was floored again for weeks. I finally had a hysterectomy last year, i was 34 but i couldnt go on any longer. My meg was a miracle babe anyway after 3 m/c and the stillbirth of my angel emily 6 yrs ago. I couldnt risk another pregnancy as i was hospitalised for over 2 months whilst expecting meg and i was high risk all the way through.

goblueteamgoblueteam
my periods havent been regular at all ever since i had my first baby
my 4th baby is now 5mths old and i have only had 2 periods since his birth

Join JustParents for free to reply

Search

Questions needing your answer

Latest Reviews