Join JustParents to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join for free

planning your wedding?

mumof2mumof2
posted 1 decade 3 years ago
was just looking at mumof2-jo,s wedding pics which are lovely .just wondering if anyone is planning there own wedding at the minute? weve not even got around to setting a date yet but hope to start getting organised after the engagment party in april as im guessing its going to take quite a bit of time and effort not to mention money not that i really no where to start

mumof2_jomumof2_jo
Very happy Very happy Congratulations on your engagement and your forth coming wedding Wink

I just started by making lists and lots of them Smile

ButtercupButtercup
we got married in secret in Cyprus and never had a reception when we came home so most of our arrangements were made by the travel agents Embarassed

jandbsmumjandbsmum
im with jo, my wedding stareted with lists and ended with even more lists!

mumof2mumof2

Buttercup said:
we got married in secret in Cyprus and never had a reception when we came home so most of our arrangements were made by the travel agents Embarassed

sounds perfect to me although my mum would probably kill me

sugarsugar Moderator
I'd love to get married in Cyprus it is gorgeous there!

ButtercupButtercup

mumof2 said:

Buttercup said:

we just did what we wanted instead of everyone else taking over and ruining our special day Love

mumof2mumof2

Buttercup said:

mumof2 said:

Buttercup said:

we just did what we wanted instead of everyone else taking over and ruining our special day Love

thats the bit im dreading i love my mum to peices but she does have a tendency to take over im sure she has a big fancy do all mapped out in her head already shes in for a shock tho as im having a small affair she just doesnt know it yet

BeckyBecky
Run away to Gretna Green!! I actually know someone who did that, crazy! Very happy

mumof2mumof2

Becky said:
Run away to Gretna Green!! I actually know someone who did that, crazy! Very happy

now theres an idea lol

tiggytiggy
Me and ray will discuss ideas but so far no actiual plans. maybe we shuld dtart keepin gnotes.

kinleysmommikinleysmommi
Quest & I planned our wedding quickly (1 1/2 months)...after we found out I was prego Embarassed ! It was an outdoor wedding, we had about 150 people there, & it was *gorgeous* (if I do say so myself!) Even though it was kinda rushed, we did it pretty cheap...making centerpieces, arch, flowers & the such, ourselves!

candgsmumcandgsmum
Erm, I turned up to try on a dress, choose some flowers and see the vicar and on the wedding day, my mum arranged it all and I said yes or no to what she showed me. I was preg and my mum knew if it was up to me, we'd be married in our skivvies and not tell anyone until afterwards!

Me and DH wanted a small do...it wasn't huge but a bigger than we had expected LOL!

My mum did my flowers and all the centre pieces and we had a buffet that my grandparents and aunts cooked up for us!! We hired out the function room at a local golf club, it cost us £70 for the whole day also the bar was cheaper than it would have been at a hotel which immensely pleased the guests!!!

It was a fantastic day!!!

Good luck with your wedding xxx

EmzEmz
We had been engaged for about 5 1/2 years and got re-engaged last July. Our wedding was 5th Nov so only 4 months planning. We went to Edinburgh with just our parents and had an excellent day. No stress, no keeping people happy just did what we wanted and had a beautiful day.

Join JustParents for free to reply

Search

Questions needing your answer

Latest Reviews