Join JustParents to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join for free

Bottles

ClaudiaClaudia
posted 1 decade 3 years ago
Hi all

I am new to the forum and I wondered if anyone could shed some light on the differences between feeding with a standard or wide neck bottle?

Thanks so much

*moved to parenting* Smile

lauranlauran
They are esaier all round. They are wider at the top so is eaier to get the powder in without splilling onto side. It is easier to hold and for somereason they are proven to reduce colic. I cant recommened Advent enough, they are hard wearing and last for years!

hipmommahipmomma
yeah they dont make a lot of difference, i chose them for both of mine. avent ones are really good. i did buy other but tended to find they either leaked a bit around the teat or tended to wear out quicker.

AlexAlex Moderator
I prefered the wide neck bottles- felt Joseph got a better grip on them to suck they were easier to store in the fridge and like Lauran said less messy when you put in the powder milk.

I too swear by avent Very happy I used the bottles, the bottle to cup trainer, the cup and the beaker Very happy Very happy

candgsmumcandgsmum
I found the wide necked easier for the powder, it didn't spill over the edges.

I didn't use avent but I used ASDA's own but they do tend to leak especialy if you don't get the top on properly! I have used Tommee Tipee bottles and found they were quite hard wearing.

Join JustParents for free to reply

Search

Questions needing your answer

Latest Reviews