Join JustParents to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join for free

Do you still wipe your LO's bums??

hapydazyhapydazy
posted 1 decade 3 years ago
Razz Just curious, Aaralyn is 4 1/2 and I still wipe her bum when she poops but when she just goes pee pee she does it on her own. The times that I've let her wipe the poo on her own, she's left skids in her underpants LOL. I've taught her how to do it properly but she just isn't good at it yet with the poo. Wink

She's going back to school and they won't be wiping her lil *ss for her so... just curious if I'm the only one with a kid who is potty trained, wipin my girls butt still ??

AlexAlex Moderator
As I worked in a school and have seen so many kids coming to school that cant do I have worked hard with Joseph to get him to do it himself. Sometimes I do help if hes not feeling 100% but generally he does it himself now and 9/10 times he does it quite well (he is 4 in a few weeks BTW)

hapydazyhapydazy

alex said:
As I worked in a school and have seen so many kids coming to school that cant do I have worked hard with Joseph to get him to do it himself. Sometimes I do help if hes not feeling 100% but generally he does it himself now and 9/10 times he does it quite well (he is 4 in a few weeks BTW)

That's really good then! go Joseph! Very happy Aaralyn doesn't really want me to do hers anymore, but I just don't want her walkin around with an itchy bum. Maybe I should just let her do it and then tell her I need to check after, then she'll get more practice at it LOL. The other thing is sometimes she just picks a teeny piece of tp off (sometimes less than a square LOL) so I have to keep showing her about how much she should use. Yesterday she went pee and used like 20 squares and clogged up the toilette too Shocked

AlexAlex Moderator
try using wet toilet paper- thats what I started with (helps clean everything up a little bit easier) but now he uses normal paper

hapydazyhapydazy

alex said:
try using wet toilet paper- thats what I started with (helps clean everything up a little bit easier) but now he uses normal paper

Yea, I did use wipes even after she was PT for a long time then stopped using them... You're right, that will probably help too. Did you use the flushable kind or regular babywipes? here, the flushables are way more expensive than babywipes, so think I should use them and put the trash can right there next to.

AlexAlex Moderator
I used the flushable ones (but our chemist sell them on special offer other wise wipes would be cheaper) Try anything that you think will work Very happy and wont make to much of a mess

jade-leighjade-leigh
my little one 4 she went threw all that and left her to manage when she asked!she gets in a mess sometimes but she makes sur she clean herself now .....i did use the toilet wet wipes to start with

hapydazyhapydazy
LOL! thanks Alex... off to go get Aaralyn in her swim suit, have a good night, maybe I'll chat with you all on here later!

ButtercupButtercup
Amy tries to do it herself but she isnt 3 until the end of next month so she doesnt make a good job of it. but im still glad she wants to try for herself Very happy

HayleyHayley
declan has just started doin his but sometimes makes a mess of it,, i buy them kandoo wipes!

shannon wipes her own bottom tho!

GTTkelGTTkel
This is something I've been thinking about coz DD starts school in september and I still wipe her when she's done a poo. I'd like her to start doing it for herself but only if she can do it properly coz I don't want her having skid-marks in her knickers,bless her

hapydazyhapydazy
LOL about the skid marks... guess it seems I should be letting her get practicing more than. She always comes home with skids in her pants when she's been with daddy too, he doesn't check behind her or should I say her behind LOL

Thanks for the input girls!

staceybstaceyb
- My blog
im the same as you tammy. i still wipe when catherine does a doodie otherwise she has a mess in her pants lol. going to try those kandoo i think.

hapydazyhapydazy

staceyb said:
im the same as you tammy. i still wipe when catherine does a doodie otherwise she has a mess in her pants lol. going to try those kandoo i think.

I was using those before but they are so expensive and they go so fast it seems. Maybe will give them a try again now that I'll be working and can afford these luxuries Very happy

Whatcha up to tonight Stace? No James right?

staceybstaceyb
- My blog
no he's here tonight. watching cricket Wink he's playing tomorrow and sunday. im just surfing the net with horatio by my side Very happy

hapydazyhapydazy
aawww... I have to stop in at home on my way to my friends later and check in on my kitties, I haven't seen them since yesterday morning and I bet they are not happy with me. They were left plenty of food and water though.

give Horatio a lil smoochie from me Love

glittergirlglittergirl
Meg sometimes calls me upstairs to wipe her bum but i think she's just lazy Wink

candgsmumcandgsmum
Charlotte does wipe her own bum but sometimes if its a bit messy she will call me up to check its clean. I assume she managed ok at nursery?!

hapydazyhapydazy
well, at Aaralyn's last nursery, she did come home with "skids" in her underpants sometimes...

UPDATE: she's been wiping her bum on her own for the last few days and no skids until last night LOL, but she was really tired when she poohed just before bedtime, found them when she put on her clean clothes today.. not too bad must say! Very happy

candgsmumcandgsmum
Ah, I'm not sure whether Charlotte has asked the teacher to check her bum LOL not that I'm sure they would nowadays?

Well done Aaralyn on less skiddies LOL!!

Join JustParents for free to reply

Search

Questions needing your answer

Latest Reviews