Join JustParents to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join for free

baby no 2

ellee1984ellee1984
posted 1 decade 3 years ago
the last few days i have been feeling really broody for another baby. Izzys going to 1 next month and if i start trying now to have baby no 2 by the time i have the baby izzy will be either nearly 2 or just gone 2 hopefully, which is a nice age gap between them.

thing is the relationship between my daughters dad and myself is very rocky at the moment and we are currently living 160miles apart trying to work things out he also has said hed like to be married before having any more children together, which is fair enough but the way its going its going to be a good 2 or 3 years before that happens (if it does)and if he did agree to have another child i know my side of the family wont be very supportive as they dont like him.

im also worried because my mum had either 1 or 2 miscarriages and an ectopic pregnancy in between myself and my brother meaning him and i are 7 years apart which is quite a significant age gap and i was very jealous of him when he was born, so im worried that if i wait a year or 2 the same thing might happen to me i already had one miscarriage before i fell pregnant with izzy and i dont want a huge age gap between my children.

does anyone have any advice as im really confused ive not said anything yet to my daughters dad or my family for fear of their reactions. Am i being stupid wanting to bring another child into my relationship at the moment. i have no idea what to think

CathyGCathyG
can't really see how you can have another child if you're not really having a relationship with the potential father? IMO i think its better for any child to be brought up in a loving stable relationship, so i personally would wait until you have that, which hopefully you will have sometime soon. me & my sister & brother are all 5 years apart, it quite a big gap, but we all get along great. my sister has 11 years between her sons & that too works very well. xx

carlacarla
hi i think you realy need to talk to you partner and tell him how you feel

do you think your relationship is rocky because you are living so far apart?
is there any way you can move closer to each other?

ellee1984ellee1984
i did live up there aswell but i wasnt happy up there and he was going off and leaving me in his parents house in a place where i never lived before only been there a few days at a time and always with him so i felt very lonely up there and we ended up arguing and i moved out and came back home. at the time it was a combination of living with his parents and him not having a job at the time so we had fiancial difficulties aswell that put alot of strain on our relationship after being seperated for over a month and we both started seeing new people we decided that we wanted to make it work as i dont see my life with anyone else. he said to me he would work up there for a bit and has a really good well paid job now and then he would move back down here to be with us and he now decided that he doesnt want to move back down here because my family really dont like him and he wouldnt feel welcome down here, and i really do feel more apart of his family than my own. i told him i would consider moving back up there if we had a place of our own and he said that aint going to happen until he gets his debts paid off, he got it sorted at his parents, no astronimical ammount of rent to pay electric etc he just gives his parents a contribution and they do his food washing etc.

hapydazyhapydazy
It is only my opinion, but I think you should try and wait until you know better where your relationship might be going. I hope you work through this and have a happy result in the end.... Good luck hun Kiss

HayleyHayley
do what u feel is right hun, thats all i can say really Suspect

if your living apart its gonna be quite hard to concieve a child..and u dont want to be pg and on ur own, u want to..mybe be living togther
Confused

oh shoot..i dunno im talkin crap now lol sorry Embarassed

i hope u can sort summit out hun Kiss

Join JustParents for free to reply

Search

Questions needing your answer

Latest Reviews