Join JustParents to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join for free

Nappy Rash, natural solutions...

bevvsedgebevvsedge
posted 1 decade 2 years ago
Me again!

Poor Ollie, he has nappy rash, it started out really small and I mentioned it to the doc and she said oh that's fine, it's hardley anything! and gave me this cream that didn't work!

So I've gone back to good old Sudocreme. And I've been looking for natural solutions to help. At the moment I'm trying egg white, which someone said you leave to dry on the area, lot's of air time for his botty and good old Sudocreme before I put on the nappy.

Any other tips (avoiding the pharmacy as a last resort!) Someone said soak some muslin in camomile then pop in nappy before bed, but there is debate over whether it should be damp or dry? any ideas?

Any thing else you think of will be great, someone else said teatree and lavender but are these ok on a babies delicate skin? I'm not sure.

kelkel
i know it sounds strange but my mum used egg white on my brother coz he had bad nappie rash as a baby

bevvsedgebevvsedge

kel said:
i know it sounds strange but my mum used egg white on my brother coz he had bad nappie rash as a baby

and did it work for him? Very happy

kelkel
strangly yes it did hunnie Very happy

CathyGCathyG
no solutions i'm afraid, Freddie has it really bad at the moment. i'm just using sensitive baby wipes & cotton wool + water, leaving him to dry as long as possible, then tons of sudocreme, it does help but as soon as he's poo'd again, we're back where we started. try to change as soon as poo'd if poss. good luck, if you do find a cure, let me know. Cathyxx

hapydazyhapydazy
Aaralyn used to get really bad rashes too and the creams always seemed to make it worse. The best thing for her I found was to just let her be bare when ever possible, air alone seemed better than anything else, oh and also cornstarch on her bum and in her diaper (or as you girls say nappie Wink ) at night. Good luck, no fun to have a rashy bum Sad Face

jo-jojo-jo
I agree with Hapydazy i also used corn flour on my DS and it worked well.

bevvsedgebevvsedge
I tried the egg white thing, it's really good! dries quick and leaves a layer on the skin like a barrier which is I guess how it works. Never heard the cornstarch thing before, is that the same as cornflour?

jo-jojo-jo
I think so Suspect In Australia we call it corn flour it absorbs any moisture on the skin and in the nappy.
When i used creams on my son the rash seemed to get worse?

bevvsedgebevvsedge

kel said:

sorry another question on this, I've been doing it, seems great! But do I JUST use that or Sudocreme after too?
Thanks x

kelkel
my mum only used egg white hun

bevvsedgebevvsedge
Thanks!
I noticed that it leaves a thin layer on the skin, so I'm guessing it acts as a barrier, I've been keeping the egg in the fridge so it's nice and cooling too, he seems to like it! Do you think I need to keep it in the fridge over night of will I have to go up and down to the fridge? Sorry I keep thinking of questions! xxxx

kelkel
yeah you need to keep it in the fridge really coz the its soothing to hun, hope his little gets better soon, poor little fella Kiss

bevvsedgebevvsedge
haha ok cool, it's worth it if it works huh!?

Join JustParents for free to reply

Search

Questions needing your answer

Latest Reviews