Join JustParents to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join for free

Ok, here goes, I'm gonna dish the story...

hapydazyhapydazy
posted 1 decade 4 years ago
I just wanted to tell you I just got off the phone with Marc's daughter a few minutes ago. He left his cell phone home and she keeps calling and I was afraid it was an emergency so I answered Shocked I just said hi Brandi it's Tammy, told her I was here borrowing her Dad's PC and wanted to answer to make sure she was ok.. she was actually very nice to me and just said her and her dad were supposed to go out when he got out of work. I told her I'd put the phone in his hands as soon as he walks in the door.

YAY!!!! Very happy finally an ice breaker!!!

HayleyHayley
ohh thats good Very happy

gemmagemma
Very happy
you spoke to a civil teenager that in itself is amazing nevermind the circumstances Very happy

seriously thopugh thats great, another few small moves and i'm sure you'll be gosiping away.
Very happy Very happy

hapydazyhapydazy
Thanks it was very casual and really no awkwardness at all, so, definately a good start Smile

jo-jojo-jo
Very happy HI hun hopefully this is the begining of a great friendship.xxx

hipmommahipmomma
Glad to hear that hun. Baby steps will get you there in the end! Very happy

pinknfluffypinknfluffy
i am a step parent to rich's 2 boys from a previous (7 & 9) and it is the hardest job ever!! won't jump on your thread but we got problems i have no idea how to solve!!

i had a step mum who was evil personified and made my life hell. but i wanted a mother more than anything in the world.

my advice would be like the others above and leave it up to her but i would also keep inviting her as teeneagers rarely do something so big off their own backs - especially if they think doing something will upset the parent they live with.

i would suggest writing her a card and inviting her out just with you (so she doesnt feel awkward if its you and her dad) and see if she will get to know you as an individual rather than as her dads partner. then take it from there - she may be in need of a good female friend if her mom is not there for her!!

good luck hun

angelbabyangelbaby
Thats brilliant!! Well done hun, I think your're being very sensitive in the way you're handling it. I definately think honesty is the best way forward in this kind of situation. If she knows that its hard for you too and that you recognise how important it is for her to spend quality time with her dad I think her defences will definately go down. Its baby steps isn't it. Good luck! Very happy

kelkel
hats gret hun just the kind of ice breaker u both needed coz neither of u expected it so it made it less awkward. fantastic start hun Very happy Very happy

hapydazyhapydazy
Thanks girls... her dad is away this week till the weekend, I'm thinking of calling her to see if she'd like to "hang out" for a bit while Aaralyn is with her father.... now gotta get up the courage to do it. Shocked

HayleyHayley

hapydazy said:
Thanks girls... her dad is away this week till the weekend, I'm thinking of calling her to see if she'd like to "hang out" for a bit while Aaralyn is with her father.... now gotta get up the courage to do it. Shocked

down a shot of vodka for dutch courage! Naughty

hapydazyhapydazy

Hayley said:

hapydazy said:

down a shot of vodka for dutch courage! Naughty

Thanks Hayley!! I might do that Wink . I actually think it's gonna change now that we've talked. I asked Marc last night if she said anything about our conversation and she didn't... I kind of expected her to give him a load for me being there answering his cell phone while he wasn't there but she didn't. Maybe she knew the sincerity I had in worrying that she had some kind of emergency and that I was there to help if needed.

Hopefully these baby steps will lead us to a good friendship Smile

mumof2_jomumof2_jo
Very happy Thats great final ice breaker ususally all it takes Very happy
I think ringing her to ask her to do som,thing this wekkend sounds like a good idea

Good luck fingers crossed Smile

hapydazyhapydazy

mumof2_jo said:
Very happy Thats great final ice breaker ususally all it takes Very happy
I think ringing her to ask her to do som,thing this wekkend sounds like a good idea

Good luck fingers crossed Smile

Thanks Jo! I have to pick Marc up at the airport on Sunday, I was thinkin' asking her if she wanted to go along for the ride, that would give us time alone together and them time for the 3 of us on the way home from the airport... Suspect that's just one of the ideas I was thinkin.

HayleyHayley
sounds like a good idea hun xxx

Join JustParents for free to reply

Search

Questions needing your answer

Latest Reviews