Join JustParents to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join for free

Cradle Cap on the eyebrows

bevvsedgebevvsedge
posted 1 decade 3 years ago
My little man has a little cradle cap on one of his eybrows, to be honest it hardly shows but it is dry and I wanted to treat it before it gets worse.

I have been told olive oil for an hour before bath then wash off or leave it on overnight. I applied a little with a cotton wool ball just now.

Has anyone else tried this? Did it work and does anyone else know any alternitives. I'd prefer to avoid the doctor and anything medical on his skin if possible. Someone mentioned adding a drop of teatree to the olive oil but I'm not sure when it's close to his eye.


AlexAlex Moderator
posted 1 decade 3 years ago
I used baby oil for my LO's cradle cap- even though he wasnt bothered badly with it. I used to put it on about 3 in the afternoon-if we werent going anywhere and then wash it off at 7pm during bath I had to sometimes still give it a good scrub to shift the few awkward bits.

mumof2_jomumof2_jo
posted 1 decade 3 years ago
I used baby oil too great stuff just rubbed a tiny bit on after bath Smile

HayleyHayley
posted 1 decade 3 years ago
yes i used baby oil and it scraped off so easily Very happy

bevvsedgebevvsedge
posted 1 decade 3 years ago
Thanks all, but as he only has it on his eybrow do you think olive oil might be safer being natural and all? I would worry about baby oil getting in his eye, or am I just over paranoid mummy? Very happy

mumof2_jomumof2_jo
posted 1 decade 3 years ago

bevvsedge said:
Thanks all, but as he only has it on his eybrow do you think olive oil might be safer being natural and all? I would worry about baby oil getting in his eye, or am I just over paranoid mummy? Very happy


No i think olive oil will be fine, my HV told me to use that Very happy

hapydazyhapydazy
posted 1 decade 3 years ago
I don't know if you know an avon representative but I've heard skin so soft works also... that stuff works for all kinds of things!

CathyGCathyG
posted 1 decade 3 years ago
Freddie suffered quite bad cradle cap - i used Olive oil & left it on overnight, then rubbed gently the next morning, it gradually comes off over time. I read that cradle cap will disappear naturally (i.e without any treatment) by the time baby is a year old.

AlexAlex Moderator
posted 1 decade 3 years ago

CathyG said:
I read that cradle cap will disappear naturally (i.e without any treatment) by the time baby is a year old.



my nephew is nearly 3 and he still gets it I also knew someone at 18 who suffered from it

CathyGCathyG
posted 1 decade 3 years ago

alex said:

CathyG said:
I read that cradle cap will disappear naturally (i.e without any treatment) by the time baby is a year old.



my nephew is nearly 3 and he still gets it I also knew someone at 18 who suffered from it


Blimey - that was duff info then, sorry. My LO's did go finally about 3 months ago (he's now 15months) but i did use Dentinox shampoo in the end!

AlexAlex Moderator
posted 1 decade 3 years ago

CathyG said:

alex said:

CathyG said:
I read that cradle cap will disappear naturally (i.e without any treatment) by the time baby is a year old.



my nephew is nearly 3 and he still gets it I also knew someone at 18 who suffered from it


Blimey - that was duff info then, sorry. My LO's did go finally about 3 months ago (he's now 15months) but i did use Dentinox shampoo in the end!


Josephs went quite quick and I used baby oil- think it depends on your scalp whether things work or not

Join JustParents for free to reply

Search

Questions needing your answer

Latest Reviews