Join JustParents to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join for free

How often do you cook a roast dinner?

sugarsugar Moderator
posted 1 decade 3 years ago
I decided to cook a roast dinner today and forgot how long it takes lol and u never get to sit down as there are soo many bits to do! just went tos it down adn realised i hadnt got the stuffing or yorkshire puds out ready lol!
Our cooker seems to cook everything slowly - except chicken! when i did chiken at xmas it was done with over 1/2hr to spare from instruction and today my chicken is the same lol!

AlexAlex Moderator
I go through phases of cooking a roast! dont do chicken very often- cant be done with all the bones!!

sugarsugar Moderator
Chicken is the only meat i really like - DF had lamb chops!

Xanadu86Xanadu86
i love a pork roast dinner, we go through phases of deciding we're doing them every week, and then dont do it for months lol

HayleyHayley
well i hardly cook a roast coz it bores me Neutral

but i do love eating em! Very happy Crazy

jandbsmumjandbsmum
we do one quite often cos the kids love it!

not every week but id say we have a roast once a fortnight.

BeckyBecky
I do a roast about twice a month, but I'm vegetarian so no meat to cook! Usually have veggie sausages instead but it still takes ages because I do roast potatoes, roast parsnips, roast onion, stuffing balls, yorkshire puddings, veggie sausages plus boiled carrots, broccoli and cauliflower and vegetarian gravy, I'm usually bright red by the time it's ready!!!

sugarsugar Moderator

Becky said:
I do a roast about twice a month, but I'm vegetarian so no meat to cook! Usually have veggie sausages instead but it still takes ages because I do roast potatoes, roast parsnips, roast onion, stuffing balls, yorkshire puddings, veggie sausages plus boiled carrots, broccoli and cauliflower and vegetarian gravy, I'm usually bright red by the time it's ready!!!

I am too lol! I dont do a lot of raost veg - mainly boiled but we all want different things lol! and our oven is tiny Sad Face

mumof2mumof2

Becky said:

im the exact same although george usually cooks a roast chicken or beef dinner for himself and the girls every sunday

RedRed
I dont cook it,, hubby does,, he gets the meat just right,, i burn it till its black and cremated

GTTkelGTTkel
We have roast once or twice a week,I hate all the extra washing up but it's so YUMMY and good for getting lots of veg' into the kids

mumof2_jomumof2_jo
We do a roast every Sunday kids love chicken dinner Smile

Join JustParents for free to reply

Search

Questions needing your answer

Latest Reviews