Join JustParents to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join for free

*at wits end with 7 month old*

HayleyHayley
posted 1 decade 3 years ago
Hi girls,

any of you have a baby of 7 mths old or close, coz atm hes driving me crazy, he woin't sit and play, he screams when i leave the room, i have to have him on my lap all the time, and its maming me so miserable i hate getting up in the morning Crying

hes not interested in anything but me, he loves it when his brother and sister are in from school coz he just chuckles at them Love but when hes with me he just always has tantrums (yes at 7 mths old) Shocked and makes himself stiff so when i try to sit him on his own he goes stiff so i cant bend him he will only stand Mad

anyone elses babies were the same and when did it get easier?

(my other 2 werent like this)

thanks girls xx

JOJOJOJO
have you tried giving him a bumbo or swing for the door to keep him busy,my los love the door swings and will bounce up and down for ages,the bumbo seat means he can sit upright and play with toys and book and be at your level,do you have a routine going at the moment as this can help them settle more,and if all else fails you could just take him out in the pushchair for a walk or to the park as lots of fresh air helps them sleep more,

HayleyHayley

JOJO said:
have you tried giving him a bumbo or swing for the door to keep him busy,my los love the door swings and will bounce up and down for ages,the bumbo seat means he can sit upright and play with toys and book and be at your level,do you have a routine going at the moment as this can help them settle more,and if all else fails you could just take him out in the pushchair for a walk or to the park as lots of fresh air helps them sleep more,

i havent got him a door bouncer, but i think i might now, shannon had one but didnt like it so i was reluctant to buy it for charlie and declan, if that fails...i was thinking walker but then they are so expensive and take up alot of room!

the walking in the buggy is what i do atm, and it does work but im thinking of this horrible rainy weather Crying

JOJOJOJO
have a look on ebay hun get something secondhand

mumof2_jomumof2_jo
OMG Hayley cant believe he is 7 months old Shocked I see he i still causing trouble Baby

Afraid iv not much advise as cant remember mine been that age Embarassed but hope he gets easier for you i think when they get crawling etc they will entertain themselves more

mumof2_jomumof2_jo
Oh yes was going to say babay walker also do you have any carboots near you I got both mine from there for about £5 each and like new Smile

mitchmitch
aww is he still not settling down hayley hun poor charlie and you.
is there any baby groups you could try atending through the day just to give him that bit of interaction and some mums for you to talk to?

HayleyHayley

mumof2_jo said:
OMG Hayley cant believe he is 7 months old Shocked I see he i still causing trouble Baby

Afraid iv not much advise as cant remember mine been that age Embarassed but hope he gets easier for you i think when they get crawling etc they will entertain themselves more

i know, im hoping the crawling will help coz then he can follow me when i leave the room!

HayleyHayley

mumof2_jo said:
Oh yes was going to say babay walker also do you have any carboots near you I got both mine from there for about £5 each and like new Smile

i dont go to car boots coz im never up early enough Embarassed

will look on ebay tho! Very happy

HayleyHayley

mitch said:
is there any baby groups you could try atending through the day just to give him that bit of interaction and some mums for you to talk to?

mum n tots groups aint my kinda thing hun, dont ask me why Shocked

i think its coz when i took dec to some i got totally ignored and looked at funny, so its kinda put me off! Cuckoo

mumof2_jomumof2_jo

Hayley said:

mumof2_jo said:

i dont go to car boots coz im never up early enough Embarassed

will look on ebay tho! Very happy

Yeh bet there are loads they kept my too happy so I could get on with stuff serch for ones in your area no P&P then Smile

JOJOJOJO

Hayley said:

mitch said:

mum n tots groups aint my kinda thing hun, dont ask me why Shocked

i think its coz when i took dec to some i got totally ignored and looked at funny, so its kinda put me off! Cuckoo
if you dont like the toddler groups what about going to a soft play now and again,or swimming,something that you and LO could do together whatever the weather

ButtercupButtercup
I think you are going to have to be tough with your wee man or he is going to be the boss and not you. Put him down where there is nothing that he can hurt himself on and just let him scream as you go about your chores.

I had to do this with Amy as MIL made the mistake of holding her all the time but it was me that got the backlash when i had to put her down Mad

I couldn`t stand having to carry her about all day so i just used to leave her on her play mat to scream and after a couple of days she was no problem and was soon entertaining herself Very happy

HayleyHayley

Buttercup said:
I think you are going to have to be tough with your wee man or he is going to be the boss and not you. Put him down where there is nothing that he can hurt himself on and just let him scream as you go about your chores.

I had to do this with Amy as MIL made the mistake of holding her all the time but it was me that got the backlash when i had to put her down Mad

I couldn`t stand having to carry her about all day so i just used to leave her on her play mat to scream and after a couple of days she was no problem and was soon entertaining herself Very happy

well i do let him scream but he screams so much he has no voice now Sad Face so i guess i should just perservere with it then thanks buttercup xx

ButtercupButtercup
Amy used to scream until she was sick Shocked and can still do it if she doesnt get her own way and she is nearly 3 Mad

They seem to learn quickly which buttons to push to make us poor mummys stressed to the max Cuckoo

mummyheathmummyheath
- My blog

Hayley said:
Hi girls,

any of you have a baby of 7 mths old or close, coz atm hes driving me crazy, he woin't sit and play, he screams when i leave the room, i have to have him on my lap all the time, and its maming me so miserable i hate getting up in the morning Crying

hes not interested in anything but me, he loves it when his brother and sister are in from school coz he just chuckles at them Love but when hes with me he just always has tantrums (yes at 7 mths old) Shocked and makes himself stiff so when i try to sit him on his own he goes stiff so i cant bend him he will only stand Mad

anyone elses babies were the same and when did it get easier?

(my other 2 werent like this)

thanks girls xx

hi hun im sorry but i had to laugh coz i have a 7month old girl that is EXACTLY the same do they wanna meet up lol they would be perfect for each other.
i cant do anything for her well piglets big movie, barney or roly mo works at the mo if i need some peace but other than that i haven't got anything to do either hun. i dont think there is alot we can do except grit our teeth and carry on. lol xx

HayleyHayley
god tell me about it, i will be in the looney bin soon, its driving me nuts! Teeth

im bidding on ebay atm for a door bouncer * last resort* Suspect

CathyGCathyG
Freddie went through this phase & got over it, but i think its starting up again. my HV advised to put them somewhere safe, tell them your going to go to "hang the washing, i'll be back soon" - when you do got back, make big point of it " here i am back again". also if you do go off, go back when he's least expecting it & say "i 'm back", "see you in a minute etc". she told me its because they don't know that you are ever going to come back, as far as they know you have vanished forever, he need to constantly remind them that you will come back & therefore eventually they will realise that although you do go, you will always come back. Whilst your away, put on some music or childs TV/DVD to distract, them give them some toys to play with etc. Hang in there. i think too boys are particularly clingy (so i've heard). xx

HayleyHayley

CathyG said:
Freddie went through this phase & got over it, but i think its starting up again. my HV advised to put them somewhere safe, tell them your going to go to "hang the washing, i'll be back soon" - when you do got back, make big point of it " here i am back again". also if you do go off, go back when he's least expecting it & say "i 'm back", "see you in a minute etc". she told me its because they don't know that you are ever going to come back, as far as they know you have vanished forever, he need to constantly remind them that you will come back & therefore eventually they will realise that although you do go, you will always come back. Whilst your away, put on some music or childs TV/DVD to distract, them give them some toys to play with etc. Hang in there. i think too boys are particularly clingy (so i've heard). xx

yea i agree thanks babe , i always thought that, coz he doesnt know if im coming back, coz he looks at me as i walk away, but my now i thought he wud know that im only in kitchen and i wil be back Confused obv not then! Cuckoo

susansusan
my daughter was the exact same at that age still is shes a horrible child i wonder where i got her from sometimes lol , the best thing i do is when she starts kicking off real bad just put her to bed and leave her there works wonders everytime and if shes kicking off on floor or whereever i just leave her to get on with it ....
i must sound like a terrible parent lol

Join JustParents for free to reply

Search

Questions needing your answer

Latest Reviews