Join JustParents to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join for free

Most proud moment/most humiliating moment...

hapydazyhapydazy
posted 1 decade 3 years ago
Sorry gotta get a bunch of posts in today since I probably won't be "hanging" out much on here while my sister and family are here (should arrive around 5pm today!!! Very happy )

Anyway just curious about a proud moment and an embarrasing moment that stands out as far as something your child/children have done...

Embarassing moment: when Aaralyn was about 2 1/2 we were standing in line at the bank and there was a very dark skinned man standing in front of us. All the sudden Aaralyn speaks loudly and says "mommy, look at that big monkey"... now keep in mind, my daughter is bi-racial, so it's not like she's never seen a dark skinned person before Suspect . I was mortified, as the guy heard what she said... what the heck was I to say to that?! He just smiled and I hope only thought "outta the mouths of babes". I was telling her nursery school teacher about it (who is african american) to see how it would have made her feel (her and I became good friends too so I was comfortable asking her), she showed me a mask that Aaralyn loved to play with of an ape face and it was the same color as the man's skin, so her teacher probably thought at her age she associated him with the mask. It was still soooooo embarrasing!!

Proudest moment: again we were waiting in line somewhere and a lady in front of us had large birth marks all over her skin and Aaralyn at this time around 3 yo said to the lady, why is your skin all dirty (OH NO, I'm thinking another embarrasing moment) the lady smiled and said that it's not dirt my skin is just different than other people's. Now I have talked with Aaralyn since the day she could understand words about how everyone looks different and there's always something different that makes a person stand out and be beautiful... so, Aaralyn looks up at the lady and says "lady, I think your skin is beautiful" Love I melted, and the lady said to Aaralyn that that was the sweetest thing anyone had ever said to her Very happy

staceybstaceyb
- My blog
awwwwwwwwwwwww that was so sweet.

nothing really springs to mind with my kids. theres loads of proud moments, especially when ben said 'mummy'. he has a development relay and thats was great when he finally said that

the most embarrassing moment was jami introducing her uncle to a shop assistant. she said
'This is my uncle and he has a penis' lolol Embarassed

BedheadBedhead
Millie is not yet big enough to embarass me! Watch this space as I am sure once she is talking she will probably manage it every day!

hapydazyhapydazy

staceyb said:
awwwwwwwwwwwww that was so sweet.

nothing really springs to mind with my kids. theres loads of proud moments, especially when ben said 'mummy'. he has a development relay and thats was great when he finally said that

the most embarrassing moment was jami introducing her uncle to a shop assistant. she said
'This is my uncle and he has a penis' lolol Embarassed

LMAO!! I bet she will never! live that one down... OMG that's so funny! and yes, hearing mummy for the first time must have been a heartwarmer Love

hapydazyhapydazy

Bedhead said:
Millie is not yet big enough to embarass me! Watch this space as I am sure once she is talking she will probably manage it every day!

I'm looking forward to the stories! She's big enough to fart in the grocery store really loudly and have everyone looking at you! LOL, Aaralyn did that to me when she was about Millie's age. Embarrasing (and of course more proud) moments to come for you Bedhead!

BedheadBedhead
Actually as soon as I finished typing I realised that she does already manage to embarass me! Yesterday we went to our local mother and baby group and she spent the whole time we were there making a bee line for everbody's handbags and trying to take their credit cards out of their purses Tounge Out It looked like I had trained her to do it Very happy People must think I am training her early for a life of crime Wink

staceybstaceyb
- My blog

Bedhead said:
Actually as soon as I finished typing I realised that she does already manage to embarass me! Yesterday we went to our local mother and baby group and she spent the whole time we were there making a bee line for everbody's handbags and trying to take their credit cards out of their purses Tounge Out It looked like I had trained her to do it Very happy People must think I am training her early for a life of crime Wink

PMSL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thats great lololol we'll keep an eye out for her on a future Crimewatch hehehehehehe

mumof2_jomumof2_jo
Awww Love

I have so many proud moments, one of them being JR yesterday having to have his bloods done twice cause the machine sucked the firs batch up and been so brave not making a muff about it when I could see he was in pain and upset.

Oh and one time we invited DH dad round for dinner Elli was about two and a half and she just came out with Grandad my Mummy has hairs on her you know what LMAO Embarassed

hapydazyhapydazy

Bedhead said:

She's just a nosy one LOL, how cute!

hapydazyhapydazy

mumof2_jo said:
Awww Love

I have so many proud moments, one of them being JR yesterday having to have his bloods done twice cause the machine sucked the firs batch up and been so brave not making a muff about it when I could see he was in pain and upset.

Oh and one time we invited DH dad round for dinner Elli was about two and a half and she just came out with Grandad my Mummy has hairs on her you know what LMAO Embarassed

Aw what a big boy, that's a tough thing to go through even when nothin goes wrong with it. big hugs to JR

and LMAO about what Eloise said, kids do say speak whatever's on those little minds Embarassed

candgsmumcandgsmum
I'm sat here thinking and racking my brains...the most embarrassing thing I can think of with Charlotte is when we were at the park and she sat on the see-saw and another little girl came and sat on the other side. This little girls dad came over and moved the see-saw up and down for them but unfortunately it was squeaking loads. So Charlotte says 'Mummy the see-saw is farting' Shocked Embarassed

The proudest moment with Charlotte, gosh I think there are so many, recently it has been how well she has settled into nursery and the bundles of confidence she seems to have Love

With George he hasn't seemed to have embarrassed me yet too much although we once went out for a meal and he decided he would have the noisiest poo ever! He had a red face and everything, the couple on the table next to us were in hysterics!

hapydazyhapydazy

candgsmum said:
I'm sat here thinking and racking my brains...the most embarrassing thing I can think of with Charlotte is when we were at the park and she sat on the see-saw and another little girl came and sat on the other side. This little girls dad came over and moved the see-saw up and down for them but unfortunately it was squeaking loads. So Charlotte says 'Mummy the see-saw is farting' Shocked Embarassed

The proudest moment with Charlotte, gosh I think there are so many, recently it has been how well she has settled into nursery and the bundles of confidence she seems to have Love

With George he hasn't seemed to have embarrassed me yet too much although we once went out for a meal and he decided he would have the noisiest poo ever! He had a red face and everything, the couple on the table next to us were in hysterics!

LMAO about both of those stories. I'm glad Charlotte loves nursery too! Hopefully if I get this job, Aaralyn will be back in preschool too!

candgsmumcandgsmum
Aw thanks hun, good luck with the job too Very happy x

pinknfluffypinknfluffy
mmmmmm.....

most embarassing: isaac seeing father christmas last year and telling him he wasnt father christmas he was a bus driver (which he was lol) and lulah at mother and toddler last month pulled a tampax out of my bag and started chewing it!!!

proudest: isaac helping a little old lady when she spilt the contents of her purse in asda and lulah being a brave soldier friday and yesterday at hospital and still throwing her arms around us nd giving us kisses.

jo-jojo-jo
Embarassed OH where do i start!!!!!!!!!!

The funniest incident was last christmas eve.We went to a very expensive resturaunt for my husbands uncles 70th birthday.There were probably about 15 of us and the place was pretty buisy but quiet in mood (lots of couples).My LO was standing behind a waitress who was bending over.He grabbed her bottom "very firmly" he then looked at us all and had a giggling fit.SOOOOO everyone at our table started laughing to "very loud" I then grabed him and said sweety you can't do things like that its rude.He then told everyone at the table but thats what daddy does to mummy all the time! i was so Embarassed

The nicest thing he has done is crawl under a ladys car when she dropped her keys(car wasn"t on)in the car park.She then dropped her purse and he collected everything up for her gave it all back and gave her a hug.He then told her she looked like his nanna she said it made her day as she is a great- grandmother.

HayleyHayley
aww this stories have made me chucke so much Love

mitchmitch
omg i have no idea at the mo theres too many i will come back to this one

GTTkelGTTkel
One of my best friends (female) is very masculine in dress sense, mannerisms, short hair,no make-up etc (yes she is stereo-typical gay woman). Any way something that was SO embarressing was when my DD used to think she was a bloke and call her "him" and "he"

Join JustParents for free to reply

Search

Questions needing your answer

Latest Reviews