Join JustParents to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join for free

What Age To Stop?

shellshell
posted 1 decade 3 years ago
Hi All

Just a thread to see what age do you think people should stop having children. People these days are older when they have children, but surely there is an age when you think they should not have anymore or any at all cus age is against them?

Shell.x

mitchmitch
IMHO i think people hving babies in there 50,s and 60,s is wrong.i mean a person of that age looking ndrunning around after a baby then a toddler is quite hard work..
i think under the age of 50 is fine but at the end of the day its really down to the indiviidual .

shellshell
I sometimes think because I am 32 and a single mom I would still like to have more children but depending when I meet the right person who knows what age I could be, if that makes sense?
Shell.x

Kelly_CaitKelly_Cait
I wouldn't have a child at that age, wouldn't really want one over 35.

I don't see why people are having children so late in life, at that age you don't really want to be running around after a child. I don't think it is good for the child either esp when they start school because they might get bullied if you get what I mean.

mitchmitch
i dont think i will have any more childern ,
theres nothing to bring them into this crap life/world for these days is there.
plus if i was going to have one more it would have to be the next 5 years i am not having them once i reach past the age of 30. each to there own i guess

catgirl_872catgirl_872
i think ppl over 40 should have kids,i think its unfair on the kids when they turn 10 they have 50 year olds as parents.xx

glittergirlglittergirl
For some people, having kids late in life isnt always their choice. I first fell pg at the age of 20 but it took me til the age of 30 to finally give birth to a living child, after losing 4 babes in a row.

hapydazyhapydazy
I had my daughter (first and only) when I was 33 and if I were gonna have another I'd like for it to be before I was 40 (don't think there will be anymore for me anyway).. I think there is nothing wrong with having a child after 35 if it's what is wanted. I certainly wouldn't want to be over 50, I'd like to be around for some of the kid's adult years anyway LOL, but I guess if that's what someone wants to do then go for it Suspect I would like to think that my child is not going to get bullied when she's 10 because I'm 43, I sure hope not anyway. I think I enjoy chasing her around at my ripe old age of 38 too, I would not have been wanting to chase a child around in my 20's because I was having to much fun then, now I'v mellowed Wink

JOJOJOJO
as soon as mother nature tells you, as in the menopause

GTTkelGTTkel
From about the age of 8 I was brought up by my grandparents and they are so important to me. I wouldn't say I missed out on anything back then with them being two generations older but it's now I feel sad about the age thing. They are now in their early seventies and my grandad has very poor health. I feel hard done by that they wont be around in my life as long as if they were younger(ie my parent's age) and I'm so afraid that if they die soon my kids wont remember them which would break my heart. Also I don't like to ask too much of them but if they were younger I'd ask them to baby-sit more and stuff. Even my nan says it's a shame that they are so old now and can't do so much.
So my point is that older mums can be great and give loads of love, but you have to think about the future too and the implications on your children's lives

hapydazyhapydazy

shell said:
I sometimes think because I am 32 and a single mom I would still like to have more children but depending when I meet the right person who knows what age I could be, if that makes sense?
Shell.x

Shell, it it's what you want and you are physically able, then there is still hope for you to have children.

I also just re-read my previous post and hope that no assumption is made that I think it's wrong for people to have kids at a young age either. It's just that I personally, in my 20's, did better with only having to look after myself as I was in the partying stage still (ok, I was in that stage this weekend too, while my LO was away Naughty ) if I had a child then I would have mellowed I'm sure, but for me personally I think being a mom of a 4 year old in my late thirties is way better than if it had been in my 20's.. hope I cleared that up so you young mom's on here don't think I was knockin' ya..

TabathaTabatha
I have experience of older parents.
My mum was 29 going on 30 when i arrived, but my dad was 47.
I was never embarassed by my mum , but occasionally my dad managed to make a bit of a show for me, generally over make up and clothes and boyfriends,in that respect he was and still is quite old fashioned.
My dad has just turned 80 a few months back and my mum would have been 63 later this year. (She died just over 2 years ago).

chezchez
I think around 45 you should stop having kids. What really annoys me is that my mums next door neighbour have 11 kids and the mother is 29 and the father is 72 how can you bring a child into the world at 72 knowing that your not gonna be around for that long x x

jo-jojo-jo
I always thought id have all my children by the time i was thirty.Its obvious that isn't going to happen. My grandmother had my aunty when she was 43 and they have the best relationship out of all my mums 7 sisters.I think as JOJO said mother nature will let you know when the time is or isn't right,but untill then i will keep trying untill im 36 or so.

staceybstaceyb
- My blog
i think its up to the woman really. i do think these women having children in their 50s and 60s is wrong especially when IVF is used as it can be used on young women who cant have kids.
i always wanted to have all my kids by the time i was 30.and i had ben when i was 29 and half lolol. my sister had her first when she was 35 and i think that was the best time for her. it just depends on the woman

glittergirlglittergirl
I used to get annoyed when i was in my 20s and people used to ask me why i hadnt had any kids yet. I was a RAF wife so obviously was surrounded by families. I did feel like i was being 'ignored' due to not having any kids but i couldnt help it, i had miscarried all 3 babes with my first husband and it wasnt a case of not wanting to have kids, it just wasnt happening. I then remarried at the age of 27 and tried for ages to get pregnant but wasnt very succesful. We did go to the fertility clinic and they said my husband had a low count and we needed to have ICSI. But when we went back a couple of months later, i was pregnant naturally with my angel in heaven Emily. Then 3 months after she died, i fell pg with Megan. I was 30 when Meg was born, i celebrated my 30th bday in hospital as i was on a long haul stay due to being high risk.

I'm 35 now and i do think that despite all the heartbreak, having Megan at the age of 30 was a good thing. I dont think i would've been completely ready during my 20s although if i had've had the babes, i would've been a good mum then, just would've found it harder.Plus my first marriage was an abusive one so in a way, it was a slight blessing that those babes didnt endure their father being a pig.

I'm more patient now i'm older and completely settled. I'm not bothered about not going out much, i've turned into a real homebird. I would've loved to have had kids with my fiance but we decided that my health was more important so i had a hysterectomy last year. I do feel guilty sometimes about not giving Megan a sibling but she knows all about her sister in heaven and that she's not technically a only child. She's also said she's not bothered not having a sibling as she's got lots of friends to play with and also it means she gets ' mummy all to herself ' Love My closest friends were all older mums too, my best mate had her eldest at the age of 28, then she had her 2nd son at the age of 32 and another mate had her youngest child at the age of 38.

I dont think age matters really when it comes to having kids. For some, its easy to plan but for others, like myself and my mates, having our kids late wasnt out of choice but it worked out brilliantly in the end. Very happy

hapydazyhapydazy
Hey Glittergirl, I just want to say that I love your outlook on life Very happy for someone who's had such hardship you still are so positive and see the upside of things. I love that you refer to your daughter who you lost as your angel Emily in Heaven, I bet she's around Meg all the time too Very happy

glittergirlglittergirl
aww thanks hapydazy. Yeah i've had it tough but some have had it tougher too so i'm blessed to have finally achieved my dream. Some arent so lucky as me so i count my blessings everyday. Love

I always acknowledge emily. Whenever anyone asks me how many kids i have, i always say 2, just that one of my girls is a heavenly angel and the other is an earth angel. Love

I know that emily's around, i saw her last year which shocked me but it was amazing experience, even tho it lasted a few seconds. I had it confirmed too by a trusted medium that it was her ( she knew nothing about me!!). Emily watches Megan playing and sleeping too. She's also left me a white feather, which apparently is the most blessed gift anyone can receive from an angel. Love

staceybstaceyb
- My blog

glittergirl said:
aww thanks hapydazy. Yeah i've had it tough but some have had it tougher too so i'm blessed to have finally achieved my dream. Some arent so lucky as me so i count my blessings everyday. Love

I always acknowledge emily. Whenever anyone asks me how many kids i have, i always say 2, just that one of my girls is a heavenly angel and the other is an earth angel. Love

I know that emily's around, i saw her last year which shocked me but it was amazing experience, even tho it lasted a few seconds. I had it confirmed too by a trusted medium that it was her ( she knew nothing
about me!!). Emily watches Megan playing and sleeping too. She's also left me a white feather, which apparently is the most blessed gift anyone can receive from an angel. Love

awwww thats so lovely Very happy

hapydazyhapydazy
That really is lovely. I never realized that, although I remember the white feather from Jenny in Forest Gump. That is so beautiful that you know she's around Halo

Join JustParents for free to reply

Search

Questions needing your answer

Latest Reviews