Join JustParents to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join for free

Sleeping!Help!

Kelly_CaitKelly_Cait
posted 1 decade 3 years ago
My girl is 2 and a half, and doesn't like sleeping during the day anymore, unless I am out and she is in the buggie.

I put her to bed at 8, she sleeps fine through-out the night, however she gets up at 6. This leaves her tired during the day and moody. I do try to get her to sleep during the day but she just plays in her room instead.

If there is any advice from anyone that would be great!

Thanks Kelly

kirstkirst
hello
my little boy stopped havin an afternoon sleep when he was a year n half old. i think some children just grow out of sleepin during the afternoon quicker than others. have u tried during the afternoon havin quite time like readin her a story or colouring or something together as that might keep her from havin tamtrums

Kelly_CaitKelly_Cait

kirst said:
hello
my little boy stopped havin an afternoon sleep when he was a year n half old. i think some children just grow out of sleepin during the afternoon quicker than others. have u tried during the afternoon havin quite time like readin her a story or colouring or something together as that might keep her from havin tamtrums

Thanks for the advice I'll give it a try Very happy

staceybstaceyb
- My blog
have you tried putting her to bed earlier? my 2 youngest (4 and 3) go to bed at 7pm and sleep till 7am

mumof2_jomumof2_jo
Hi my 2 boths stopped sleeping in the dat when they were abnout 2, I think some kids just grow out of it while other do it till school age and beyond etc

I agree with Kelly_Cait doing quiet time in afternoon reading books rtc.

Its hard because you get used to having that time to yourself through day and like you say they are tired and moody Sad Face

jo-jojo-jo
Hi Kelly my son also stopped his naps at two and a half.He was grumpy and an early riser.He would only sleep if we went for a long drive.I couldn't get him back in the routine of afternoon naps so i can't offer any great advise he eventually started getting up later.I find closing the blinds and having quiet time after lunch helps even if he doesn't sleep he has a little rest and he's not so aggitated.Good luck hun sorry i couldn't help. xxx

Kelly_CaitKelly_Cait

staceyb said:
have you tried putting her to bed earlier? my 2 youngest (4 and 3) go to bed at 7pm and sleep till 7am

If I put her to bed earlier she tends to wake up earlier too. I might try gradually making her bed time earlier.

Thank you

kirstkirst
i agree about maybe puttin her to bed earlier. my 2 yr old goes up at 6.30 has a stoery n lights out at 7 he sleeps straight throu til 7am

staceybstaceyb
- My blog

Kelly_Cait said:

staceyb said:

If I put her to bed earlier she tends to wake up earlier too. I might try gradually making her bed time earlier.

Thank you

oh yes sorry i didnt say but yes do it gradually. good luck hun x

Kelly_CaitKelly_Cait

staceyb said:

Kelly_Cait said:

staceyb said:

Thank you

oh yes sorry i didnt say but yes do it gradually. good luck hun x

Thanks x

miarubymiaruby
- My blog
hey my daughter hasnt had a nap during the day since she turned 1! Shocked

i put her to bed between 7-8 and she sleeps till between 6-7! i do wish she would sleep longer and she also gets stroppy by about teatime, but i just leave her to have a little tantrum and she soons stops! she likes to cuddle up with me on the sofa after tea so i let her but she soon gets her energy back and runs off playing again hehe! i cant really recommend anything hun but just thought i would let you know your not alone! Kiss

JOJOJOJO
hi my 2 and a half has just stoped his napps now,he goes to bed at 7 and wakes up about 7 in the morning,he has a stairgate on his room door so he usually likes to play in his room or read stories till we get up,goodluck with it hun,

glittergirlglittergirl
my little girl stopped having naps around 3 or 4. She did get to the stage when she didnt want to nap in her own room and wanted to nap on the sofa but i didnt really want her to do that.. A- she'd get more peace and quiet upstairs and B- so would i!!! Very happy

Now she's at school, she obviously doesnt nap in the day but i have found she still gets a bit tired in the afternoons after school and on a weekend but she wont give in so i always make sure she's in bed for 7.30pm, even on a weekend. She sleeps straight through til 7am.. even on a weekend.. Wink Wink She comes into bed with me then and wakes me up with cuddles then wanting to play. I do say to her ' why dont you have a little more sleep with mummy'.. to which she replies ' why, its daytime now so get up mum'... Suspect Wink Love her!

Join JustParents for free to reply

Search

Questions needing your answer

Latest Reviews