Join JustParents to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join for free

anyone had a hysterectomy?

glittergirlglittergirl
posted 1 decade 2 years ago
hi

i'm only 35 but i had to have a hysterectomy last year due to gynae probs.

Has anyone here also had it done?

alis378alis378
Oh hun, I am sorry. I havent had one done but I know of people that have, although they are much older than you
x

hipmommahipmomma
i dont know the ins and outs, but my mum had to have one at 29 for medical reasons.

GTTkelGTTkel
My friend is 37 and has been told that if other treatment doesn't work she'll have to have it done. She keeps getting really bad cysts that become really painful with more growing all the time.

glittergirlglittergirl
previous gynaes i'd seen didnt want to do a hysterectomy due to my age then but then i moved to S wales. After a year and unsuccesful treatments, my gynae could see i'd had enough. I was bleeding either continously with huge clots or having long cycles with agonising pains and late heavy periods. He knew my pregnancy history ( 3 m/c and a stillbirth, high risk but succcesful 5th pregnancy). I'd talked it over with my fiance and although we would've liked to have had kids together ( my daughters are with my ex)..he wanted me to get well. I couldnt risk anymore heartache, i'd had a breakdown over the loss of my daughter emily as it was. So for the sake of my health, and also for me to be able to enjoy my family without the pain, i had the hysterectomy last year. Been the best thing i've ever done!!! Very happy

stressedmumstressedmum
hi hun i know its a bit late to post this but i had one done at 19 due to probs

kelkel
can anyone tell me under what circumstances do they do a hysterectomy? i have had gynie probs for ages, heavy bleeding from time to time and a horrible brown discharge most of the time and am waiting to see my gynie...again, been thinking what i will do if they suggest that Crazy

AlexAlex Moderator
A family friend had a hysterectomy when she was in her 30's and she had to fight for it- she knew she wanted no more children but she still had to be access by 2 different doctors before they gave her the green light

candgsmumcandgsmum
My mum had a hysterectomy at around 28. She had lots of gynecological problems, cysts a molar pregnancy and a two m/c's. When she was 4 months pregnant with my brother, she had to have an ovary removed as she had such a large cyst on it was causing premature labour.

My mum asked for a hysterectomy and I don't think she had too many problems getting it, she even had it done under an epidural rather than being put under as she doesn't react well to anesthetic.

stressedmumstressedmum
i didnt have a choice with mine i got told and i was only 19, for the best now i had endeometrious, not spelt right lol

Hayley_KevHayley_Kev
my mum had to have one after having me.she had a natural birth with my sister but had a problem preg with my other sis and had a emergency c-sec,then last was me and i was the same,only my mum was constantly in hosp from 4months on with me,to top it all off i was a stubborn transverse and wouldnt turn so again she was given a c-sec,only on the table they couldnt stop her from bleeding and when she woke up was told that thye had to give her an emergency hysterectamy or she would have died-she was 36 when she had me.thing is,my mum was hoping for another a yr after me,as my sisters are 12 yrs older than me!

jo-jojo-jo
Hi hun,my cousin just had one two months ago and she is 36.She has one child who is 12.After she had him she also constantly bled and was in pain.This went on for a long time.I dont know how long she had been buggin her gyno to do it but she is a much healthier and happier person since having this op.

bunnigirlbunnigirl
sorry babe my cousin and sister in law has but i havent had to yet hope u feeling ok about it though babe
xxx

kelkel
i've just had the results back from swobs taken by gp coz of the horrible brown discharge i've been getting. they said i have inflammation of the white cells and no infection. what does inflammation of the white cells mean? can anyone enlighten me? i dont see my gp for another week and it will play on my mind till then Suspect

hapydazyhapydazy
I'm not sure hun, I know with white blood cells, it has an effect on your immune system but I don't know about inflamation of?? I hope you get the answers soon hun, in the mean time, try to relax while you're waiting (I know, easier said than done)
Kiss

Join JustParents for free to reply

Search

Questions needing your answer

Latest Reviews