Join JustParents to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join for free

Alex Going Away.

shellshell
posted 1 decade 3 years ago
Hi All,

Well for those that know I am a single Mom, Alex is going away in a couple of weeks with his Dad for a week. Since we got divorced We had to come to an agreement that Alex can have one week of the year to spend with his Dad.

This will kill me because I hate being away from my little boy. The last Saturday of the month Alex goes with his Dad for sleep over and then he sees him on a Wednesday and a Sunday but I do not look forward to the week he is away.

Arghhhhh!! broken families are the worst things ever, all round.

Shell.xx

hipmommahipmomma
Kiss it must be really difficult for you hun, a week is a long time. I cant relate but i can imagine. stay strong, we are here for you if you need a shoulder xXx

mitchmitch
it must be hard for you hunni . it is noce that his dad does like to spend time with him though and togive you that little break.
as there are so many dads out there that do not give 2 hoots ..

catgirl_872catgirl_872
must be hard for u cus i miss kieran so much if my mum has him for the weekend or somethin but i have never spent a week away from him,if his dad was a really good father then i feel sorry for him not seein his kid all the time but its hard when ya spilt up cus one of u got to have the children and of course i believe it should be the mother xx

shellshell
We still get on really well and people say we will get back together in a few years but I doubt that very much. we are all divorced now so why would be want to go back. He is still a good dad dispite what he did (affair when Alex was 4 weeks old) but you learn to live with it even though it was very heartbreaking at the time.
Thanks everyone its nice to be part of such a nice forum
Shell.x

mumof2_jomumof2_jo
Hi Shell im sure it will be really hard for you, but its also reallt nice that you both get on well im sure its the bestthing for youe little Man Smile

When he goes were all here to keep you busy Kiss

ellee1984ellee1984
Hi shell I know where you are coming from, I also live apart from my daughters dad and she goes to stay with him and his parents 7-10days every month as we live 160 miles apart and to begin with I hated it but now I find it nice just to have that break for a few days I know if she went for longer than that I would hate it and I miss her like mad when she goes but I find it nice just being able to have a lie-in and pop to the shops without having to get 100 things ready before I go and I can just jump in the car and go to the. It is heartbreaking when they go away but some times you just need that break.

hapydazyhapydazy
Oh I can imagine how hard that will be. My daughter's father has yet to take her for more than 2 nights in a row. Although I encourage him taking her for longer periods at a time, I dread it too, cuz I know I will miss her like crazy. This weekend she's staying with Grandma friday night and Daddy on Saturday night, so as much as I'm looking forward to the time (going out to see a band friday night WOO HOO!!) I don't look forward to how much I miss having her around me.

shellshell
Hi All

Well Alex goes today and everytime I think of 4pm approaching I get a lump in my throat and then my eyes fill. I know I am going to get upset but there we go that is just me.

I will be here when I can, I am half the time anyway

Did you enjoy the band.

Shell.
x

pinknfluffypinknfluffy
aw hun Kiss

of course you will miss your little man - is dad phoning you a couple of times to put your mind at ease??

i would suggest you keep busy and arrange to meet up with friends or have a day shopping or even do something round the house decorating or gardening!!!

shellshell
Well I am going to paint my doors to the bedrooms but that will make everywhere else look horrible. I can also cut my lawns. I am sure I can find things to keep myself busy I have work Monday Tuesday and Wednesday but will be weird coming back to an empty house.
I am going to Drayton Manor Sunday but least I have my little one coming home that day.
Shell.
x

Join JustParents for free to reply

Search

Questions needing your answer

Latest Reviews