Join JustParents to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join for free

uniforms...

mitchmitch
posted 1 decade 3 years ago
this is going to be my first time bying a uniform for aimee over the hols so for those who have kids already in school what advise cn you give a new shopper like me

how many of each is enough/needed??

do you pay for the expensive uniform or buy cheap asda quality if its just going to get ruined???
some body please help me thankyou in advance Very happy

staceybstaceyb
- My blog
i get the kids uniforms cheap from asda. their teflon trousers/skirts are great. i usually buy a skirt and a pair of trousers. i find that 2 polo shirts or shirts is enough but i know kids who have a clean one on everyday. the cardigan/jumper we can only buy from the school as they have the school badge on. they cost about a fiver which isnt too bad.

jami goes up to the secondary school and she needs hockey boots and socks. an all in one swimming costume. its going to be so expensive.

alis378alis378
HI hun, how exciting for you, buying uniform etc.

I suppose it depends on what she wears i.e trousers, dress, skirt.

My girls have 3 pinafores and 3 white tshirts and 2 school jumpers.

Dont forget you will also need p.e. kit (usually shorts, school colour t shirt, plus something warm for outdoor p.e.) Also need plimsolls, book bag if your school has these and something for pe kit to go into.

I have always bought from either Tescos or mothercare, depending on who has the better offers!! lol

Our school also sells good quality 2nd hand uniform for £1 a piece which is really handy if you are getting to the end of a term and dont want to spend lots on replacing ripped/tatty items.

Good luck with your shopping Kiss
x

mumof2_jomumof2_jo
Very happy AWw you will have to take a pici of Amiee and post it when its her first day Love

Oh I get polo shorts/shirts/cardies/socks from Asda and I get Eloise trousers and skirts from next or M&S, then her main school cardi from School.

I but 2 shirts and 2 polo shirts 2 cardies 2 skirts and 1 pair trousers HTH hunni Smile

mitchmitch
aimee is always in trousers dont like her in skirts

kaceyh29kaceyh29
Hi,

When Harry started school he started after everyone else so I had no clues about what to buy and how much, so I sort of played it by ear.

I started out with two pairs of trousers and 3polo shirts but quickly realised that I needed at least 6 polos because he's come out with pen/ pencil/lunch all over them everyday! Then I bought him a schhol fleeece and a sweatshirt for cooler days.

I got the polo shirts from Matalan, but the school trousers, fleece and sweatshirt I had to buy from the proper school uniform shops as they're all brown and not easy to find in Asda / Tesco etc

Also, the fleece had to have the school logo on so I had to buy from school but some places aren't too fussy with the logo whilst they're young.

HTH

Kerry

Join JustParents for free to reply

Search

Questions needing your answer

Latest Reviews