Join JustParents to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join for free

this just doesnt make sense!?!?!

may-louise83may-louise83
posted 1 decade 3 years ago
hi all,
well for the past week and a half to 2 weeks i have had the following syptoms:
very sore breasts
headaches
tummy cramps
and heaps of bloating that i have gone up a size in clothing
nausea and vomiting after smelling certain foods
ive been abit emotional (crying because there wasnt enough gravey on my potato)
extremly tired all the time
oh and my period is now 4 days late
BUT pregnancy tests keep coming up negative
i dont understand? could i still be pregnant?
the first test came up very faint it was one of those plus ones but i was told it was probably a evaporation line as a test done a few days later was negative? has anyone had this before? any advice or opinions welcome

missscarlettmissscarlett
Bit hard to say... might be best to go to the doctors and have them do a blood test. Then you'll know for sure! Hope it's nothing too serious.

sugarsugar Moderator
I'd go to the doctors hun!
But i have known a few ppl to get negs and then the blood test says they are!
My friend did 12 HPT's and all of them were negative not even a faint line - and then the doctor's tests said she was!
I would also look very closely at the tests as with DS i bought a boots one while out shopping and did it in a public toilet and thought it was neg (vry bad lighting) but when i was still late the next day i took the other test and there was a really faint line so while out shopping with DF i got him to take DD into another shop and i bought 4 superdrug tests and did one in the shop toilet and it came up with a very faint +ve again! so u never know hun!

mumof2_jomumof2_jo
Hi welcome, id go to the Doctors too or wait a few days and try agin, keep us updated Smile

candgsmumcandgsmum
Go to the docs, and explain your symptoms and tell them about your test. I've never heard of getting an evaporation line hun! Hope you get the result you want xx

jo-jojo-jo
HI hun i also did hpt every day for a week and they came up negative so i did one a week later and got a positive result but i still went for a blood test to be sure.Good luck and let us know how you go xxxx Very happy

may-louise83may-louise83
i went to doctors and had blood tests and ultrasounds and well heaps of tests. and the results are that no im not pregnant Sad Face and that it is my ovaries that a causing all syptoms as there sending my hormones into a frenzie and that i have polycystic ovaries and no longer ovulate, that my overies just dont function anymore Crying .
im very crushed but im still a blessed person as i already have 3 children so im very lucky i started having kids when i was 18 and that my ovaries stuffed up after.

missscarlettmissscarlett
Big (((hugs))) to you may-louise83. What does the doc say for you to do now? Were you wanting more children? Is this nature's way of saying *enough* but you can do other things if you were wanting more children, pets, adoption, become a home-based child carer.

may-louise83may-louise83
my hubby and i werent looking to have another child for at least another few years but even then we were hesitant because all our kids would be at school and we can start doing more as a family plus the 3 we have now just makes the perfect family.
if i ever feel the need to have more kids running around (i come from a large family and kinda wanted that with my kids) i could foster kids i guess and give some elses child a new start on life.
i was upset but now i dont know.
doctors say i can take tablets for the rest of my life to stop me getting cystic fibrosis (sp?) or get a histarectamy(sp?) i think i might go the second option as i have had some many health problems with my reproductive organs so if there gone so the pain and sickness.
hubby doesnt really want me to as im only 24 and he wants to leave the option there in case medically they find away to fix it.
so im a bit confused on what to do? each child i have had just got harder to carry them having my son nearly killed both me and my son and even if i could i dont know if i want to put another child through that or myself id rather 3 kids grow up knowing there mum then 4 without.

hipmommahipmomma
I think you have a fantastic and mature approach on the whole thing. I am 24 too and can't imagine having to face the definition of having no more kids. Sending you lots of love and support in whatever you choose to do xXx

candgsmumcandgsmum
My mum had a hysterectomy at 27 and after all the problems she had she said it was the best thing she ever did. But you do what you feel comfortable with hun, only you know deep down what you want to do. xxx

jo-jojo-jo
Kiss I hope that everything works out for you hun big hugs to you.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

mitchmitch
when i was pg with my son i knew i was pg but ihaad 5 negative test before i got a posotive result

Join JustParents for free to reply

Search

Questions needing your answer

Latest Reviews