Join JustParents to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join for free

what are your children's interests?

hapydazyhapydazy
posted 1 decade 3 years ago
Just curious at all ages what your children are into?

Aaralyn (4) is very much into:

drawing and practicing writing her letters and numbers.

playing pretends (as in she's a doggie, kitty, jaguar, usually an animal of some sort)

playing dress up

running outside through the sprinkler

playing with my friend's kids (specially swimming in the lake with her buddies KC and Tyler)

playing with her pets

playing with "my little ponies" and "littleest pet shop" things

watching Nick Jr, Noggin, PBSprout, Boomerang (Tom and Jerry and Scooby Doo!!) SPONGEBOB!!

and sometimes (and sometimes not) enjoys including me in these activities

Here's a picture she just drew and wrote her name and her kitties name (a little progress from yesterdays drawing, except this one she's bald in LOL)

hapydazyhapydazy
wanted to add... whatever grouping of stuffed animals are her favorate. At the moment it's Tracker (beanie baby hound) Baby Tiger (my exboyfriend got her that for 1 dollar at Target and it's a favorate ever since), Gus (a big stuffed dog) and Pinky (a big stuffed white cat with pink ears)... they grouping changes often and she calls them "the guys" LOL

staceybstaceyb
- My blog
my jami (11) loves reading, writing and playing with her friends and looking very girly lol
catherine (4) loves playing with her cars lol shes such a tomboy, reading, sticking, colouring etc etc lol
my ben (3) is a very quiet boy. loves his cars though and watching kids tv (nick jnr, cbeebies)oh and hes absolutely obsessed with ladybirds lol. have you ever tried finding toy ladybirds? nightmare lolol

hapydazyhapydazy
Ummm, what are ladybirds (same as ladybugs??)

Aaralyn is also into playing with cars and very much a tomboy (her 2 BF's are 5 and 6 year old boys) oh yea, and rocks, she LOVES rocks... and being read to and telling made up stories of her own. Does Catherine read on her own already?

staceybstaceyb
- My blog
yep theyre ladybugs

catherine cant read by herself yet but does remember stories and loves to make her own up too

hapydazyhapydazy
ah! Aaralyn too. Her favorate for her to "read" to me is "The Mouse, the Hungry Bear and the Big Red Strawberry" or something like that?

I bet if you go to Ebay you could find all kinds of Ladybird (bug Wink ) things. I have a friend who collects anything ladybug. I think beanie babies have one don't they?

miarubymiaruby
- My blog
hey mia (almost 2) loves to play in the garden on her slide, she loves to colour....spends hours with a crayon and peice of paper! she also love to carry her teletubbie beanie toys around with her haha! she also loves to play with puzzles and push her dolly around in its buggy! o and she also loves to sing, very loudly may i add! haha xx

hapydazyhapydazy
Awww, Mia sounds very sweet. I bet it melts your heart when she's singing huh! I can picture her now after seeing the cute pics of her Very happy

miarubymiaruby
- My blog
hehe yer she is a lovely singer haha! very cute but she doesnt sing the normal nursery ryhmes hun, she will sing the songs in the charts from the music channels on the tv haha! very funny indeed she likes to dance to! ha xx

hapydazyhapydazy
Oh that's sooo cute. Aaralyn likes the kids songs too but she loves anything rock and roll, from new alternative to the old classic rocks songs. She tells me she likes hip hop but she loves rock n roll LOL... she also loves Laurie berchner (sp??), her favorate by her right now is "I'm not Perfect, but I got what I got" It's so cute to hear her sing that.

Join JustParents for free to reply

Search

Questions needing your answer

Latest Reviews