Join JustParents to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join for free

I want another but the hubby says no!!

sliceslice
posted 1 decade 3 years ago
When I found out about Josh only a couple of weeks before I had him.My hubby and I were in total shock but delighted, right from the begining we both said one was enough due to finance and then as Josh got older he began to show sighns of A.D.H.D which we are having him assesed for at the moment so then we said definatly only the one as we are knackered.The problem is that Josh has been at school for a year now and I am having these incredible urges to have another.Is it hormones or what? I have discussed with Hubby but he just laughs at me and says NO straight away,I can see where he comes from as we have always said this but I cant seem to stop these feelings and it is begining to make me feel quite sad and almost deprived, I know that probably sounds stupid.I feel enviouse of other women and find myself staring at them and there new borns, Please help what do I do?Many thanks Kel xx Sad Face

catgirl_872catgirl_872
awwwww hun theres nothin you can do cus he doesnt want one and u wont stop wanting one and lookin at other babies. im sorry its no help but its what women are like when they want a baby, lookin at clothes, pregnant women and new borns.its like me, i wanted another baby even tho kieran was only 7 months but every time i thought i was pregnant i started gettin upset and thinkin what it would be like, so i made myself wait longer and then i gave in. kieran is now 17 months and im 9 weeks pregnant,thing was every time b4 rich was like wait til after next year of college while kieran is in school, he acted like he didnt want another yet but he really did, i think hes happier than i am lol xxx

candgsmumcandgsmum
Ask him exactly why he says no.

My DH definitely doesn't want any more as he says he is happy with 2 and we have a boy and a girl. He also doesn't do the sleepless nights very well or the crying!!! Also the strain a relationship goes through (well ours did anyway) when you have a child puts him really off!

I sometimes think it is sad that I'm probably never going to be pregnant again. I sometimes see a pregnant women or see baby clothes and think 'aww I'll never experience that again'. I think it's natural to feel that way as we are 'programmed' to be a mother and have maternal instincts.

sliceslice
Thanks guys for your kind words,I just wish i could stop the urges as it makes me quite blue at times.

becca23254becca23254
- My blog
I think you need to sit down and have a really long chat about it, discuss how you feel and talk about money etc. Basically just let ur hubby know how blue you can get over it. Maybe after this you'll both see why another baby is a good/bad idea. Either way communication is def the way to go. Good luck in whatever you decide, Becca x Kiss

sliceslice
Hey everyone thanks for your advice,we had a good chat lst night and it resulted in him saying we would save up some money first then look to moving to a four bed place then think about having another. so i much happier today, I know that this will take a few years to accomplish but I feel better that he did ot just rubbish the idea like the other times. thanks again for all your support. Kiss xx kel

kizzykizzy
sorry come in a bit late on this ,but glad ur feeling happier!! xx Very happy Very happy

sliceslice
No problem Kizzy its nice to know you were there to offer support in the first place.xx kel

candgsmumcandgsmum
Glad you managed to have a chat about it and your feeling happier xx

hapydazyhapydazy
Glad to read that you guys had a talk about it... I don't know if it's a good reason to get one or not, but my best friend has been having the urge to have another one too (she has 5 and 6 yr old boys), her husband of just 1 year now is 13 years younger and she wants to have a baby with him, he says he's happy with just her 2 boys.... she got a puppy and she's all set with the urges to have another baby for now LOL Maybe a new furkid would help the urge until it is time to have another baby??

sliceslice
Thanks for that,but hes more against another dog more than the child.lol ive already tried that one.he he!! I will have to try a kitten next,lol.

miarubymiaruby
- My blog
haha good luck hun, my oh said he didnt want anymore children but i have worked on this and told him i really want it so bad and thats when he changed his mind! i think it come down to the fact he was scared! but hey i reassured him and now i think he is looking forward to me saying i am pregnant! good luck with this hun! xxx Kiss

Join JustParents for free to reply

Search

Questions needing your answer

Latest Reviews