Join JustParents to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join for free

Meatloaf on the grill??

hapydazyhapydazy
posted 1 decade 3 years ago
Ok, ladies (or gents) has anyone ever cooked a meatloaf on a gas grill?? My BF just called and he wants me to make my "famous"(LOL) meatloaf and I said no way am I turning on the oven (in the 80's today), so I'm gonna try it on the grill. K, this may sound like a very stupid question, but I'm sitting here now wondering if you guys even make meatloafs?? (I spent time in Essex with a family when I was 12, I don't recall meatloaf being served Suspect ), shephards pie, that I do remember and love to make too (good recipes welcome to be emailed off forum Smile )

jade-leighjade-leigh
i steam mine in a roly poly tin xxxx sorry if it doesnt help gl

mumof2_jomumof2_jo
Embarassed Cant help never made it lol

jade-leighjade-leigh
well how did u go on xxxx lol

alis378alis378
I've never made one either but would be interested in the recipe Very happy
x

candgsmumcandgsmum
I've never had meat loaf tbh, for some reason I always imagine it to taste like stuffing, the sausage meat kind??? Cuckoo

hapydazyhapydazy
I must admit, it came out great!! Just like as if cooked in the oven, but with a little smoky taste to it. I always make it different cuz I don't go by a recipe, but today I did 1 lb ground beef, 1 egg (raw), bout a 1/2 cup breadcrumbs (flavored or not), a couple pinches of garlic sea salt, couple pinches of fresh ground pepper, bout a 1/4 cup of sweet baby rays BBQ sauce (the best ever!!) and 1/4 cup of ketchup... mix it all up, put in a loaf pan and I cooked to the side of the grill for about 1 1/2 hours. Marc (my BF) and Aaralyn loved it, along with some grilled squash and zuchini and pasta salad it was a yummy dinner! thanks

staceybstaceyb
- My blog
sounds scrummy. i lived in the US for a couple of years and my ex MIL made it with crushed up crackers, is that right? was very nice

hapydazyhapydazy
Hey Stacey, where in the US did you live? I spent a few weeks in Essex, Sussex and London when I was 12 years old. It was an awesome time but I think I would have appreciated everything I saw and did a little more now, maybe I'll get back someday

Join JustParents for free to reply

Search

Questions needing your answer

Latest Reviews