Join JustParents to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join for free

Free Birth - whats your opinion?

hapydazyhapydazy
posted 1 decade 4 years ago
Hey Sweety... I didn't have PND but have been out of work because of depression as well. It's been situational and I also went on antidepressants (efexor) which helped a great deal. I have since taken myself off of them (cold turkey which my DR would be really Angry off at me if he knew) but I lost my health insurance temporarily and couldn't afford $10.00 a pill! I am waiting for my insurance work to go through again then will consider going back on them.

What's important for you is that you recognize there's a problem and are doing what you need to do for you and your LO. Your family may just not understand because they either don't want to except it or they just don't know what it's like to be in your shoes.

As far as your health professional goes during your pregnancy, I think the term professional is giving that person/persons way to much credit. I had a great team of professionals at the hospital when I had my daughter (she was in NICU for 2 weeks after she was born). They were so concerned about my mental wellbeing after because I didn't get to see her until the day after she was born. They asked me all kinds of questions and when I assured them I was ok emotionally they still checked on me every day to see how my well being was until they were convinced I wasn't having PND or problems because of not seeing her right away. Had I gone through what you went through I would definately be considering a different alternative to birthing for sure!!

EmilysmumEmilysmum
I personally would not want that, I would need scans, etc, especially after a difficult pregnancy and having an emergency c-section last time, and a previous miscarriage too, I would want scans to know everything was OK, etc

CathyGCathyG
this Free Birth thing sounds very risky for both mother & baby (especially for first timers). I think they should be talked out of such things, unless they are prepared to live with the consquences of their actions. although they say they don't want medical intervention they probably still want a dating scan &/or sex scan & free prescriptions plus babys vacinations. I think we should be grateful for medical intervention as i'm pretty sure many mums would not survive child birth & even if they did, the liklihood is the baby wouldn't or would at worst be brain damaged. You've only got to look at the mortality rates for birthing in 3rd world countries to see that it dangerous. i say thank god for Dr's, MW's & Paeds.

Join JustParents for free to reply

Search

Questions needing your answer

Latest Reviews