Join JustParents to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join for free

help

catgirl_872catgirl_872
posted 1 decade 3 years ago
im really worried,ive been so ill lately so i have been takin pain killers only 2 a day or something.plus i have dyed my hair today and i have heard thats not aloud while bein pregnant.i am only 9 weeks and i dont wanna hurt the baby im so stupid Sad Face
what do ppl think on them two things?xxx

missscarlettmissscarlett
What people think about what you've done shouldn't even on your radar. What you do with yourself is your own business and no-one elses. I'm sure you wouldn't really want to be judged one way or another based on these two things!

If you're seeking reassurance that your baby is ok, then you'll need to go to the doctors/hospital and get a scan.

Are the painkillers just normal headache type tablets? Normally they should be fine and the hair dye shouldn't cause any grief either but do seek reassurance from your doctor. You could even contact the hairdressers and ask them, I'm sure they've dyed the hair of many pregnant women and the babies were all just fine!

sugarsugar Moderator
as long as the pain killers are only paracetamol hun then its fine - anything else shouldnt really be taken but then if u have im sure its fine hun espcially as u've not been taking many!! and as for dying ur hair i did it! i also know people who had highlights etc done when pregnant even though all thats not allowed! do whatever u feel hun! its ur body! Smile

hipmommahipmomma
paracetamol are fine and i died my hair all through both of mine and they were fine. dont worry hun xXx

candgsmumcandgsmum
I had a bit of bleeding when I first fell on with George and having some pain in one side which turned out to be a cyst. I was told it was fine to take paracetamol for the pain and any other reasons, I took a couple every day for about 3 weeks and throughout my pregnancy I took them when I had to. I know its not advisable to take ibrobrufen and asprin.

Also I dyed my hair several times while I was pregnant with Charlotte, even went the hairdressers to get it done. I think the reason why they sometimes tell you not to dye your hair is because of your horemones and it can make the colour not take like it should.

Don't panick hun, I was sick of being banned from eating prawns with George as I was craving them sooo bad so went to the shops and bought a packet and ate them all! Embarassed

catgirl_872catgirl_872

missscarlett said:
What people think about what you've done shouldn't even on your radar. What you do with yourself is your own business and no-one elses. I'm sure you wouldn't really want to be judged one way or another based on these two things!

If you're seeking reassurance that your baby is ok, then you'll need to go to the doctors/hospital and get a scan.

Are the painkillers just normal headache type tablets? Normally they should be fine and the hair dye shouldn't cause any grief either but do seek reassurance from your doctor. You could even contact the hairdressers and ask them, I'm sure they've dyed the hair of many pregnant women and the babies were all just fine!

hiya, no one is judging me or said anythin to me about dying my hair or takin pain killers its just me bein worried about it and yes i will ask about it as soon as i can thanx Smile xxxx

catgirl_872catgirl_872

sugar said:
as long as the pain killers are only paracetamol hun then its fine - anything else shouldnt really be taken but then if u have im sure its fine hun espcially as u've not been taking many!! and as for dying ur hair i did it! i also know people who had highlights etc done when pregnant even though all thats not allowed! do whatever u feel hun! its ur body! Smile

thanx for ur help i am feelin alot better about it now Smile xxxx

catgirl_872catgirl_872

hipmomma said:
paracetamol are fine and i died my hair all through both of mine and they were fine. dont worry hun xXx

ok thank you Very happy xxx

catgirl_872catgirl_872

candgsmum said:
I had a bit of bleeding when I first fell on with George and having some pain in one side which turned out to be a cyst. I was told it was fine to take paracetamol for the pain and any other reasons, I took a couple every day for about 3 weeks and throughout my pregnancy I took them when I had to. I know its not advisable to take ibrobrufen and asprin.

Also I dyed my hair several times while I was pregnant with Charlotte, even went the hairdressers to get it done. I think the reason why they sometimes tell you not to dye your hair is because of your horemones and it can make the colour not take like it should.

Don't panick hun, I was sick of being banned from eating prawns with George as I was craving them sooo bad so went to the shops and bought a packet and ate them all! Embarassed

omg im worried again now thats what my husband bought me nurofen lbuprofen grrrr so now what do u think? is that bad? Sad Face xxx

hipmommahipmomma
hey hun. stop taking them. i cant actually remember why it is you shouldnt take them. would be worth seeing you doc or midwife, but im sure everything will be fine. it isnt like you've been dosing up every 4 hours for weeks!

seeing someone about it will put your mind at rest. xxx

if paracetamol doesnt cut it, then i know i was given co-codamol when i was pregnant.

candgsmumcandgsmum
Sorry hun, I didn't mean to worry you again Sad Face Don't panic though, as Hipmomma said just give the mw a ring and I'm sure she will reassure you x

catgirl_872catgirl_872
im ok now i looked it up online and it says if not too many has been taken it shouldnt harm the baby xxx

Join JustParents for free to reply

Search

Questions needing your answer

Latest Reviews