Join JustParents to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join for free

11-yr-old with skin trouble

mumof2_jomumof2_jo
posted 1 decade 4 years ago
Sorry I have also missed this post till now, I think you have an amaizing son there Very happy

Noy sure bout the last dress think your right but as long as he is compy init Suspect

candgsmumcandgsmum
My Grandad and my Aunt suffer from psoriasis, my grandad told me he was actually discharged early from his national service because the uniform left him in agony.

If his is comfy then fair enough, yeah it is a bit floral but it's not like its pink, he's gone for the greens.

bisonbison
I don't know whether this will work, but here is the little reprobate after a telling off for playing football on Thursday evening after school. I can't get through to him that running about risks abrasions to his sensitive areas and then he'll be keeping me up all night whining about how sore he is!

http://a221.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/127/l_58623e480f47aa1af0034a75ca3a6d44.jpg

Katz

kizzykizzy
that dress is a tad girly ,but if he is comfy in it and chose it ,he must be happy enough with it..

hahahaha that pic ,wot a little sulker he looks!!

miarubymiaruby
- My blog
i do think this dress is a little girly hun but at the end of the day he chose it and feels happy wearing it so what does it matter! as long as he is happy! bless him he is 1 brave little boy! i really admire his courage hun! xxx

bisonbison
It's been an excellent week for Kyle at school. He says nobody now gives him a second look whether he wears a pinafore or a summer dress. One of the other classes even had a discussion about whether boys ought to be allowed to wear dresses and, apparently, Levis are now making skirts for little boys! I'm a friend of one of the teaching assistants in that class and she says that quite a few of the boys said they would love at least to have the choice that girls just take for granted. The very last thing I expected was that anyone would be jealous of poor Kyle! Mad

Tomorrow, we're going to a wedding and Kyle will be wearing his green, floral dress from Next with sandals, white ankle socks and a big straw hat so he can hide his face in case they take photos . Very happy I think he needn't worry because it looks like heavy rain so he'll be spending a big part of the day in his rain mac and wellies. Two of the three bridesmaids are identical twin girls aged 13 and they have promised to take care of Kyle. They are German girls and very broad-minded and accepting, so he should be OK. There is a disco afterwards and I promised to take Kyle to the shopping centre this evening to find him something suitable to wear as a change from the floral dress, but I'm not sure what he'll end up with because he still can't wear trousers or shorts. Suspect

With regard to his condition, the patch on his back has nearly cleared up Very happy The main problem area is in his inner thighs and while they are undoubtedly responding to treatment, I reckon it's going to be a week or two yet before he can consider donning normal clothes again. I 'm just hoping he's able to resume 'normality' for when we go away on holiday. I don't fancy trying to explain Kyle's situation to customs and immigration people in the present climate!!

Katz

glittergirlglittergirl
hi

i've suffered from psoriasis for 18 yrs and to be honest, there are times when wearing clothes is excruciatingly painful! I'm lucky that i'm female as i can wear floaty dresses that dont touch my skin too much, my fiance also suffers with Psoriasis severely and sometimes he has to wear his PJs as they are the lightest material he can stand to wear.

I think anyone who criticises a sufferer for wearing clothes that are deemed 'socially unacceptable' should spend a day in a sufferers skin..

I really admire Kyle for making a stand and putting his comfort first. Its hard enough being an adult with such a agonising condition but for a child to go through it too, it breaks my heart. I'm a member of a psoriasis and other skin disease support forum, run by sufferers for sufferers, non profit making. We offer friendship, support and information. I wont post the addy on here as its not allowed but if anyone would like to have a look and maybe join us, then please message me. No one has to suffer in silence! We are still human beings.

sending Kiss to Kyle

Join JustParents for free to reply

Search

Questions needing your answer

Latest Reviews