Join JustParents to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join for free

off the bottle

shellyhshellyh
posted 1 decade 3 years ago
recently my 10 month old son had a bad virus where he went off his solids and bottles all together and all he would drink is fruit juice,now he is on the mend he will not have all his bottle (he's only having about 5 oz a day and he won't have any at night)i've took him to the doctors three times in a week and to the hospital once and all they say is that as long as he is taking a small amount and is eating his solids he should be fine.i'm getting worried cos i was thought babies needed their bottles until they were about two.What would you do?

casey27casey27
will he take it from a cup instead? they should b off bottles and using cups by the age of one. what he wont take from a cup mix in with food.hope you have some luck hon x

kizzykizzy
normally by 12 mths there not having as much milk anyway ,he should be fine as long as he gets something ,and if all else fails make him baby rice /porridge or something else which you can make with his milk
good luck xx Kiss

GTTkelGTTkel
Give yogurts or other dairy so he's still getting calcium. As previously said porridge or cereal and milk, cheese or white sauces made with milk. Make yummy home-made rice puddings,anything you can get down him

chezchez
he will be fine hunni just try what the others said x

miarubymiaruby
- My blog
yer hun he should be fine like the others said just give him other things to get abit more calcium down him! my daughter wouldnt drink much milk she only has 2 beakers a day,1 in morning 1 at bedtime! see if he will take it from a beaker and if not dont worry! maybe try mixing his milk with a little bit of that nesquik milk powder stuff, he might take it more then! xxx

Join JustParents for free to reply

Search

Questions needing your answer

Latest Reviews