Join JustParents to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join for free

Does The Gym Help

shellshell
posted 1 decade 3 years ago
Hi All

I started the gym on Wednesday when I had my induction, I have been a couple of times since. I really want to get rid of my tummy but will the gym help if I am going on the exercise bike and the treadmill. how long do you think it will be when I notice a difference I am also trying to follow the ww diet but doing it myself.

Shell.
x

hipmommahipmomma
lots of weights, anything that uses your abs, use the curlers and exercise balls if they have them Very happy

GTTkelGTTkel
When I first went to the gym after my first baby I lost about 5 lbs then stayed the same for ages so didn't weigh myself for a really long time. BUT when I did weigh myself about 8 months later I'd lost 22 lbs so was well chuffed. You can't lose weight from one specific area of the body,you have to lose it all over but you can tone it up. Also remember muscle weighs more than fat so if you do weights you'll look slimmer even if you weigh the same. Good luck and stick with it coz it's time that shows results

candgsmumcandgsmum
Weights are good for toning. I noticed my baby belly get toned and I was really chuffed...I then got pregnant again LOL but i really so need to go back but I cant afford a membership Crying

I did the ww at the same time and I lost about 1/2 stone in 2 months, closely followed by falling pregnant but that was one of the reasons why I decided to get fit so it obviously helped!

shellshell
I've been using the exercise bike and treadmill and stepper will I notice from just using these
Shell
x

carlacarla
you should do, try to do at least 45 minute of cardio then some abs.

the stepper is a great calorie burner.

shellshell
I manage 30 mins on treadmill
15 mins on exercise bike
10 cross trainer
10 mins on rower.
Shell.x

Join JustParents for free to reply

Search

Questions needing your answer

Latest Reviews