Join JustParents to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join for free

shared care????

kelkel
posted 1 decade 3 years ago
a friend of mine is looking to go to court to get shared care of his son, can he do this and do u think he will get it?
he is a good dad but has had lots of problems with his ex stopping him seeing his son, the reasons are only that she thinks his attitude towards her is rubbish, so basically she has said if u'r nice to me u will see u'r son. he has said to her that its not about her or him but their son and whats right for him but she says she will stop he seeing the boy as and when she wants coz shes his mother. she has also said that even if he gets a court order she will not stick to it coz they maybe easy to get but not so easy to maintain. he is so desperate to be a good dad to his son and spend as much time as poss with him,
thank you for taking the time to read this x

hipmommahipmomma
i dont know much about it but i dont see any reason why he should get shared custody.

kirstkirst
hi ya,
tell ur friend to go for parental responcibilty order. then she wont be able to mess him round as everythingshe does will have to go throu him

kelkel
hi thanks for u'r replies.
he has p/r already but it dont seem to mean much really.

kirstkirst
if it goes to court and he says that she's stoppin him and he has p/r then itll get sorted then as its more in the spot light now than it has been b4

kelkel
thanks kirst! Kiss

kirstkirst
not a problem hun,. hope this works out 4 ur friend

GTTkelGTTkel
When things get REALLY BAD the court will actually interview the child WITHOUT parents in the room and ask loads of questions about each parents life-style, behaviour, treatment of the child etc. Then ask the child when they would like to see the parent they don't live with. The court then inforce this and can give police reference numbers so if one parent breaches the court order the police can turn up etc. It's a long road to go down though so if he can remain amicable with the mother it will be better for all of them.

candgsmumcandgsmum
Hi there hun, my DH's dad recently went for custody of his son (from another marriage). He went for full custody as he knew they would reduce it from there, he got half custody of him but it took a good few months and lots of interviews.

His son wasn't happy with his mum and her new partner and actually asked to live with his dad, but obviously there were a few things I don't really fully know the details to. The little lads mum didn't want DH's dad to have custody at all at one point but he had a good solicitor so thats a tip for your friend??

I know I haven't given alot of good advice but just to say it is possible for him to get half custody.

mitchmitch
if i was the bloke ii would be on the the person/team who were in charge of dealing with my leagal things and i would be telling them every thing what the mu is u to then it will all go against her. good luck to your friend xx Kiss

kelkel
thank you everyone!!!! Very happy Very happy

Join JustParents for free to reply

Search

Questions needing your answer

Latest Reviews