Join JustParents to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join for free

weaning

kirstkirst
posted 1 decade 3 years ago
hello, my baby is 3 months old and isnt really statisfied with his milk. ive put him on the hungrier baby milk and put his feeds up which helped for a while but now hes started gettin more hungry. im sure he's ready 4 food but cos of all these things about weanin am a bit worried. my middle boy was on solids from an early age and is fine but still im kinda worried

sugarsugar Moderator
hi hun i weaned DD at 9 weeks old because hungry baby milk want enough for her and she's been fine! also was the only way i could get milk into her was with baby rice she hated milk but ate baby rice and cereals with it mixed in! little minx lol! im sure he'll be fine hun!

kirstkirst
thanks sugar am gonna go get some later and try then.

hipmommahipmomma
both mine were on three meals a day by 5 months. i would worry, you know if you baby is ready and needing! xXx

kirstkirst
see with my middle boy it really was so easy as he was soooo big but i think cos i was told no no no by health vistors im bit cautious now

sugarsugar Moderator
hun my advice is "MUM KNOWS BEST!" and we do know whats best for our children! i never listend to the HVs about weaning etc etc i just never told them - DD was putting on weight fine and was developing in every other way so sod em Razz

GTTkelGTTkel
Yep I agree with everyone. Both mine were ravenous at an early age and it made them unsettled and as soon as I introduced solids they were happier and slept better too Very happy and it's not just big babies that get hungry, DH was a big boy but DD was a dainty light weight baby and still loved her food

mummyheathmummyheath
- My blog
hunni i weaned charly from 3months because she was so hungry and couldn't take on any more milk and she is fine she is now 6months and eating toast and the jars of food with chunks in. you'll know if they're ready for it with the first spoonful. she took it like an angel straight away no problems.
good luck hunni

candgsmumcandgsmum
I began to wean Charlotte the day she turned 4 months! She loved it but I was made to wait by the HV 'til she was 4 months and that meant a full 4 weeks of her waking in the night for feeds!

George wasn't ready for weaning until 5 months but wasn't happy with just hungry milk either. I tried a little baby rice at 16 weeks but he had no interest in it so I had to plod on with the formula for another month until he showed an interest in food.

catgirl_872catgirl_872
i weaned kieran from 4 months and he loved it, he hated runny baby rice witch ur ment to give them first but when i made the rice much thicker he ate it all and loved all foods after that. never any problems,ppl loves to feed him mostly the childminder cus she looks after this other baby that is very differcult to feed.
xxx

Join JustParents for free to reply

Search

Questions needing your answer

Latest Reviews