Join JustParents to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join for free

energy light bulbs

mitchmitch
posted 1 decade 3 years ago
i know these are a bit on the pricey side in morrisons and places but you can get them for free at our local rent office how about you?
its ok that there free but im not keen on them they leave the room looking orangey Confused

BeckyBecky
we got some that aren't too bad - they get brighter the longer they're on and get whiter as well. Rob told me that they're putting a new tax on energy saving lightbulbs this year!!

mitchmitch

Becky said:
we got some that aren't too bad - they get brighter the longer they're on and get whiter as well. Rob told me that they're putting a new tax on energy saving lightbulbs this year!!
Shocked
you mean they are going to be more expensive tan they already are Confused they get enough taxes as it is

mumof2mumof2
we have a few but they are expensive and take too long to brighten up

mumof2_jomumof2_jo

Becky said:

Mad Thats mad!!!

I do use them they do take a while to get bright but they arnt too bad Suspect

BettinaBettina
I've got a few in the house but I stick them in places where it doesn't matter that they're not too bright e.g. the hall, stairs landing.

candgsmumcandgsmum
We get ours off Ebay and bought them in bulk so they're cheaper.

We have some energy savers that are too bright! I think they are more expensive because most have a 10yr guarantee on them, if they blow you can just get new ones but its a pain saving the receipts incase!!! Neutral

staceybstaceyb
- My blog
we get them from the dps dad. he gets them free and doesnt likme them. i dont have one in the lounge as i find them very dim and id fall asleep lol

RichRich Moderator
they only take about 30 seconds to fully brighten, and they do get very bright, we have 2 in our lounge, one at the front end and one at the rear, and just one of them will light the entire room. If they save us money, I'm all for it, who cares if they take a bit longer to light up....just don't put them in your cellar or loft hehehe..

bunnigirlbunnigirl
well to be honest i dont like them they are too bright i guess i must be a gremlin os something lol
but some people like them and everyone has their own opinion dont they
xxx

RobRob Admin
- My blog
You can get different brightnesses of energy saving lightbulbs just as you can with normal ones. They also save you around £10 a year for every one that you use!

I very much doubt normal lightbulbs will still be around in 5 years time. They're having tax hikes to make them more expensive (and to make energy saving ones seem less so), and some countries are already talking about banning them!

bunnigirlbunnigirl
well now i feel really thick i didnt no u could get different watts in energy saving bulbs i just theought they came standard eye killing super bright thanks rob i will be looking for them no lol
xxx

Join JustParents for free to reply

Search

Questions needing your answer

Latest Reviews