Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

Do you bit and make some money!!

hipmommahipmomma
posted 1 decade 1 year ago
Just thought I would share one of my favourite tips, something I have come across recently.

I dont know if all of them do it, but at my local tip/recycling centre they have a shop area.

Basically when people bring stuff if it is in good working order, or just too good to throw away they can put it there instead of into the tip.

They tip then sell the items ridiculously cheap, basically just to improve their stats and reduce the amount actually going into waste.

I have bought some fantastic things. A singer sewing machine for £2, a 40 metre roll of material £2, a bike for josh that only needs painting £1.

So how does this make you money?

Well, I bought a maclaren twin traveller buggy, in fantastic condition (why on earth people take stuff like to the tip I dont know, seems such a waste!) Any way, it cost me £2, and I have just sold it on ebay for £45!!!!!!

Im sure many of you can relate to the 'every little helps' situation we sometimes find oursselves in as parents.

Even if you dont want to make money the bargains are amazing. Last time i went there was someone who had clearly just got rid of all their baby stuff, and it was all pristine! mamas and papas high chair, toys r u moses basket and cot, the list goes on. it is certainly worth taking a look if you are passing!

Plus you will be doing you bit to reduce the already massive strain on landfills!!

Thumbs Up

mumof2_jomumof2_jo
Shocked WOW wonder if we hacve one in Leeds you have got some real good bargains there Very Happy Clapping

bunnigirlbunnigirl
yeah we have one of them too but they dont sell them neary as cheap as that blooming council they try and con us every way glad u have anice one though LOL where r u LOL
xx

candgsmumcandgsmum

mumof2_jo said:
Shocked WOW wonder if we hacve one in Leeds you have got some real good bargains there Very Happy Clapping

I wondered that too, had a search on the council website but doesn't really say much, just the addresses of the tips.

GTTkelGTTkel
That's such a cool idea, I don't think the tip near us does it but I suppose it's the sort of thing I could suggest to them or the local council.

Join JustParents for free to reply

Latest Reviews