Join JustParents to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join for free

Selfish boy.

kittiekittie
posted 1 decade 3 years ago
- My blog
Recently my 20 month old son will not share anything with anyone. he used to be really kind but now we're having complaints from his nursery about it. he screams at his cousins when they try to play with him. help!

x

miarubymiaruby
- My blog
dont worry too much about this as all children go through this stage you just need to try and encourage him to want to share and how nice it is when we share with others.

i know how hard it is hun but just keep up with it he will soon start to understand and hopefully will start to share again!

sorry am not more help hun xxx

hipmommahipmomma
It is just a phase, they seem to go in and out of it. All you can do is give lots of praise for sharing, and I take things away when they wont. Hope he starts to share soon!

candgsmumcandgsmum
Hi there

I'm having the same troubles with my three year old DD. Don't worry to much, as upsetting as it is now, I'm sure he will get through this.

It is more a sibling rivalry with my DD but I'm sure it's a phase most kids go through.

Just give plenty of praise when he does share. x

chezchez
i can only tell you same as others have hunni hope it goes well Smile

LadybugLadybug
I haven't experienced this problem, as my LO is only 15 months. However, I would be tempted to take your son visiting more often. Could you prep their house? Keep the toys out of the way, and make a big show of the cousin (?) offering him a toy to 'borrow'??? Praise the other child to the heavens and perhaps he might learn from it? Give the other child big cuddles for sharing. If your son then shares, do the same to him. If he doesn't share (more likely) then try your best to look disappointed. Take it off him, but don't then give it to the other child, just put it out of sight. Praise the other child again for knowing how to share, and say that one day LO will learn, when he's a big boy etc etc. It's amazing how much they take in. Sorry if this sounds like a pile of naive poo!
xxx

Join JustParents for free to reply

Search

Questions needing your answer

Latest Reviews