Join JustParents to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join for free

When should I give my child a phone?

Ellie78Ellie78
posted 5 months 4 days ago
I want my child to go outdoors and discover the world on their own. I do not want him to be glued to screens all day and night.

I was thinking in the future to slowly introduce technology into his life without feeling left out with the other kids. So I was thinking something like not giving my child a phone until 12, and slowly introducing him to consoles around 7-8 years old.

Or should I have strict time limits on gadgets?

What do you think about this way of parenting?

M3GANM3GAN
posted 4 months 1 day ago
We need our children to move forward with technology in this IT-based world but not at an early age cause we must not want our children to be addicted to any technology at an early age. so, in my opinion, not giving a phone to your child until 12 is a good decision.

SylviHSylviH
posted 2 months 1 week ago
Difficult question. Here, many first graders already have phone clocks. I wouldn't want to give it there, but then the child feels left out if he doesn't have it. If it is acquired, there must be clear rules.

WilliamCoopWilliamCoop
posted 1 month 3 weeks ago
Your approach to gradually introducing technology and setting limits seems thoughtful and balanced. It's important for children to have experiences exploring the world and engaging in physical activities outdoors. Delaying the introduction of smartphones and gradually introducing other devices can help your child develop a healthy relationship with technology.
Setting strict time limits on gadget use can also be beneficial, as it encourages a balance between screen time and other activities. It's important to monitor how technology affects your child's behavior, mood, and development, and adjust your approach accordingly. Overall, your plan seems like a good way to prioritize outdoor exploration while also preparing your child to navigate the digital world responsibly.

Join JustParents for free to reply

Search

Questions needing your answer

Latest Reviews