Join JustParents to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join for free

Crocs - Do we love them or hate them?

kim23kim23
posted 1 decade 3 years ago
So what is the opinion of Crocs Shoes on here?
My first thoughts on them were not positive but then my sisters mother in law bought some for my niece, cute little pink ones, and I've seen how much she loves them. So I'm now of the thinking that with the bright colours they come in and those little jibbitz things that are now around, they're a great pair of shoes for the little ones!! Anyone with me on that?

miarubymiaruby
- My blog
yer my SIL bought some for my daughter and they are soo cute in the little sizes, hers are also pink! Very happy

am not too keen on them in the big sizes, dont think i would be able to wear a pair personally! Wink

jodie xxx

SassySassy
- My blog
Put me down on the negative list please.
They are yet anouther crapy fad.
What a dumb idea, so masively uncomfortable, what ugly colors.

OK then shall I tell you what I really thing of them? Wink

However if you have a market for them, then sell them and have fun.

candgsmumcandgsmum
I noticed them in Next but thought they could be sweaty??? My DD needs some hard wearing sandals but weren't too sure they would be any good??

BedheadBedhead
My mum has some and rekons they are really comfy, I think I will stick with my birkenstocks though!

kim23kim23
Well candgsmum thats the thing with crocs because of the material they're made of they arnt really sweaty and they are odour resistant too! My niece is normally fussy about not wearing socks with shoes but she is fine in them.
Ive tried the original shape on and they are quite comfy but the look isnt really for me, but they have new shapes now i might invest in some of the flip flops and they have a ballet pump shape too.

[Edited - Link removed by admin]

alis378alis378
I have something similar called Cloggis which I got off ebay for £6. They are the most comfie thing that I have ever worn and now want to get some different colours.

They are fab Very happy

noababynoababy

kim23 said:
Well candgsmum thats the thing with crocs because of the material they're made of they arnt really sweaty and they are odour resistant too! My niece is normally fussy about not wearing socks with shoes but she is fine in them.
Ive tried the original shape on and they are quite comfy but the look isnt really for me, but they have new shapes now i might invest in some of the flip flops and they have a ballet pump shape too.

[Edited - Link removed by admin]

Beg to differ-gave me terrible blisters from sweat!!!

CathyGCathyG
Crocs???????? no idea what these are, never heard of em. Suspect

kim23kim23
You got blisters really?! Ella hasnt suffered from them yet and she lives in hers!

and CathyG i had put a link to show people what they looked like but its been taken down, have a look at [LINK REMOVED] they've got a big range or you could do a search for crocs that will probably give you examples of them.

CathyGCathyG
cheers for the link, i'm now "in the know" about Crocs - don't think i'll be buying any, not really my cup'a'tea.

loublouloublou
soz peeps but i have to say they are bloody awful things loook like theatre shoes what a surgeon wears for an operation!!!! Tounge Out

pinknfluffypinknfluffy
hee hee on every forum ive been on there is a raging discussion on crocs!!!!

i love em and have 3 pairs - i have a weird heel problem (plantar facitis) and these (and nike rift) are the only things i can walk in!!! i've been trying to get DH to get some lol

jade-leighjade-leigh
hey i not keen but my little girls love them and they will be so useful on hol (beach,sea easyon/off etc)so i will be getting more

mumof2_jomumof2_jo

jade-leigh said:
hey i not keen but my little girls love them and they will be so useful on hol (beach,sea easyon/off etc)so i will be getting more

I like them I think wasent sure at first were didi you get kids ones from??

Iv seen aduly ones for A tenner bargain but not kids ones Suspect

jade-leighjade-leigh
£5 in asda
bargin

candgsmumcandgsmum
Which Asda Jade-Leigh? I had a quick look but couldn't find any. I want some for Charlotte as we go caravaning most weekends and she runs around with no shoes but her feet are black when shes finished, not to mention the times shes stepped on a stone hidden in the grass and howled!!!

sugarsugar Moderator
i dont like them for adults but think thyey are sweet for kids Smile all the midwives at hospital were wearing them when i had DS Smile

jade-leighjade-leigh
oh we got a big walmart/asda in pudsey also i no the markets have got them

candgsmumcandgsmum

jade-leigh said:
oh we got a big walmart/asda in pudsey also i no the markets have got them

Ah right I will have to have another search maybe they had none in the day I went down to the one in Pudsey Suspect

Join JustParents for free to reply

Search

Questions needing your answer

Latest Reviews