Join JustParents to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join for free

Looking for a good book

ButtercupButtercup
posted 1 decade 3 years ago
i am looking for something new to read. I will try anything except terry Pratchett and cowboy books. not much keen on mills n boon or Catherine cookson type stuff either Wink

New authors are great to try so who has any recommendations for me?


bunnigirlbunnigirl
posted 1 decade 3 years ago
well i prefer autobiographies babe i am in the middle od diana ross's one at the mo and i loved tina turners so i dont think i could help unless u like that sort of thing lol
xxx

alis378alis378
posted 1 decade 3 years ago
I love the Martina Cole books which are hard hitting east end books - a really fab read that got me hooked on her.

I also like Karin Slaughter and Nikki French.
x

hipmommahipmomma
posted 1 decade 3 years ago
I recommend James Patterson!

GazelleGazelle
posted 1 decade 3 years ago
I'm currently reading Audrey Niffenegger's 'The Time Travellers Wife', the story of a man who has a strange 'illness' where he jumps back and forth through time and meets himself and his wife at various ages, an amazing book.

When I was preggers I read Sam Bourne's 'The Righteous Men' which was also fab, the story of a man whose wife is kidnapped and he has to find her, slightly DaVinci Code esq but better!

xxx

ButtercupButtercup
posted 1 decade 3 years ago

hipmomma said:
I recommend James Patterson!


i actually bought a James Patterson book from The Works this morning. Bargain price of £2 Very happy

hipmommahipmomma
posted 1 decade 3 years ago

Buttercup said:

hipmomma said:
I recommend James Patterson!


i actually bought a James Patterson book from The Works this morning. Bargain price of £2 Very happy


Which one? Very happy

ButtercupButtercup
posted 1 decade 3 years ago
judge and jury i think its called. its still in the car Wink

boosmummyboosmummy
posted 1 decade 3 years ago
Agree on the James Patterson, husband hates it when i get his latest as he knows as soon as the boys are in bed my heads in the book!!

I've not long since got into Nora Roberts, Jill Mansell, Wilbur Smith (only the Warlock series tho) and Jack Higgins (the Sean Dillon series)also I've now read all of Dan Browns books which i couldn't put down. Reading The templar Legacy at the mo from the library, great read.

I read pretty much anything except cowboys, supernatural and the Glitzy novels like Jackie Collins.

ButtercupButtercup
posted 1 decade 3 years ago
i love nora roberts. Have you read the three sister island trilogy? they are really good Very happy

pinknfluffypinknfluffy
posted 1 decade 3 years ago
i devour anything by jodi piccoult - though her latest one 19 minutes was really great until the end and then it was a it of a cop out!!!

i can highly recommend - my sisters keeper, perfect match, plain truth and vanishing acts by her - she takes sometimes taboo subjects and makes brilliant situations from them.

if you like gritty crime stuff karin slaughter is brilliant!!!

gemmagemma
posted 1 decade 3 years ago

alis378 said:
I love the Martina Cole books which are hard hitting east end books - a really fab read that got me hooked on her.

x


I'm reading one of hers at the minute which is really good. midnight lady.

I'd never have picked it myself but another mother gave it me whilst i was in hospital with katie and i've got really in to it.

bunnigirlbunnigirl
posted 1 decade 3 years ago

gemma said:

alis378 said:
I love the Martina Cole books which are hard hitting east end books - a really fab read that got me hooked on her.

x


I'm reading one of hers at the minute which is really good. midnight lady.

I'd never have picked it myself but another mother gave it me whilst i was in hospital with katie and i've got really in to it.


wow u have finally picked it up she is 2 now lol u save ya books dont ya lol
xxx

gemmagemma
posted 1 decade 3 years ago

bunnigirl said:

gemma said:

alis378 said:
I love the Martina Cole books which are hard hitting east end books - a really fab read that got me hooked on her.

x


I'm reading one of hers at the minute which is really good. midnight lady.

I'd never have picked it myself but another mother gave it me whilst i was in hospital with katie and i've got really in to it.


wow u have finally picked it up she is 2 now lol u save ya books dont ya lol
xxx


Very happy i've not had it that long! it was when she was in hospital last month with pneumonia. Although its probably the first book i've read since she was born as never get spare time at home Smile

bunnigirlbunnigirl
posted 1 decade 3 years ago
i am sorry hunni i thought u ment in hospital with her as in to have her my mistake hope she better now i no it can take a while to get over it cant it
xxx

carlacarla
posted 1 decade 3 years ago
i love all Marian Keyes books they always make me lol

i also love PS i love you by Cecella Ahern sad but funny at the same time.

and any thing by Sophie Kinsella

Join JustParents for free to reply

Search

Questions needing your answer

Latest Reviews