Join JustParents to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join for free

mooncup

ButtercupButtercup
posted 1 decade 3 years ago
mooncup

i am thinking of trying one of these as an environmentally friendly alternative to tampons.

Has anyone tried it and if so how did you get on?

noababynoababy
There was a thread about this on AK

http://www.annabelkarmel.com/forums/forums/thread/24259.aspx

ButtercupButtercup
i find it strange that something as natural as those sponges could gross so many women out Confused What is disgusting about periods?

We deal with worse things with dirty nappies and many people chose reusables but not when it comes to their own bodily functions Suspect

bunnigirlbunnigirl
never heard of them they do sound intresting though can any one give me more info ?
xxxx

mitchmitch
boots sell them at a cost of 18.99 and in to different sizes i keep thinking about them too buttercup

ButtercupButtercup

bunnigirl said:
never heard of them they do sound intresting though can any one give me more info ?
xxxx

just google for mooncup and you will get plenty of info Very happy i`m just looking for a recommendation if anyone has tried it Wink

alis378alis378
I have heard about these but never thought about trying it. Will have to read up on it
x

candgsmumcandgsmum
They rave about these on another forum I sometimes go on. I think they are basically what they say they are, a cup that collects your menstruation (to put it nicely). I think you just wash it out as you need to.

I must admit it would be so much cheaper than buying sanitry towels and tampons each month. I'm not sure I could use one though...??

TamTam
I couldnt so it, I really couldnt "collect" my flow then pour it out Gag

I dont do well with blood at the best of times so the thought of doing that just grosses me out.

jade-leighjade-leigh
never heard of this.....where u get info on it

candgsmumcandgsmum

jade-leigh said:
never heard of this.....where u get info on it

http://www.mooncup.co.uk/index.html

jade-leighjade-leigh
still a bit un sure: what if u havent got in in rite>>>what if u overflow>>is there chance of infection with only rinsing it >>and boots havent answered these quests yet sorry but got to ask these things

bunnigirlbunnigirl
just read up and i dont think so lol
gross i dont think that just gonna be right
the person that designed tampax was a genius lol
i think i will stick with those
xxx

candgsmumcandgsmum

jade-leigh said:
still a bit un sure: what if u havent got in in rite>>>what if u overflow>>is there chance of infection with only rinsing it >>and boots havent answered these quests yet sorry but got to ask these things

I read that you could sterilise it like you do with baby bottles etc, could you imagine that bobbing about in your steriliser!!!! Gag

Join JustParents for free to reply

Search

Questions needing your answer

Latest Reviews