Join JustParents to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join for free

8 year old jelousy

danielle2011danielle2011
posted 1 month 1 week ago
my 8 year old daughter, before the summer holidays, overheard a boy in her class talking about the s## word. i didnt know about this untill three weeks ago when she started to act weird towards me and her father. she wont let me and her dad sleep in the same bed now. If we cuddle or kiss each other she storms of. She has made me promise that me and her dad wont do anything like that, then if he sleeps in the same bed as me she wakes up crying saying i broke the promise. This morning she woke up saying i broke the promise because me and her dad slept in the same bed with our one year old, her dad woke and the baby woke up, her dad was whispering to the baby, so she got up stormed off crying saying 'daddy was whispering to you you broke the promise' when he wasn't i was still asleep. i just dont know what to do about this behaviour, now i have started ignoring my partner and its affecting our relationship. any advice would be helpful thankyou

ShakeItOff92ShakeItOff92
posted 1 month 4 days ago
Have you tried sitting her down and chatting to her about it properly? Obviously when it comes to that particular subject it's quite difficult but maybe she's got confused about the whole thing and she needs some reassurance or something. I know if it comes from word of mouth at school often they can get the wrong end of the stick. Do you know exactly what it is the boy said?

LiWLiW
posted 2 weeks 17 hours ago
I think you need to state to your daughter that you and your partner have your own adult needs and that's nothing wrong with that.

Join JustParents for free to reply

Search

Questions needing your answer

Latest Reviews