Join JustParents to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join for free

Trying to express

Nic21kNic21k
posted 1 year 7 months ago
Hi. I’ve never been on here before but looking for a bit of help. My little girl is nearly 11 months old and has always been breastfed. As I’m returning to work in January I want to start getting her used to a bottle now so I know she will be ok when I am not home. I will be working 12 hour shifts, day and night. However I find expressing so difficult!! No matter how long I express for, I get very little milk. I’ve tried different pumps but still have the same issue. I can get about 2oz in 30 minutes and then it just stops. Is this normal? Is there anything I can do to get more milk or to speed it up? I don’t know how I’m ever going to get enough to leave for while I’m not here

qiaraauqiaraau
Hi Smile I think you should rest more. Also you should improve your diet. Eat more veggies and and fruits. Stay health and your body will follow. Smile

Nic21kNic21k
Hi. Can I ask what has made you think that I need to rest more and improve my diet? Just wondering as I did not mention in my question that I am struggling with either of these. I have had no problems feeding my healthy daughter for the last 11 months. I just find that expressing does not come easily for me

NancyvalNancyval
posted 3 months 4 weeks ago
Well this might be useless to the original question, but might be useful for other.
In a situation like this i will suggest you take more water and pump after breastfeeding. When you're sure your baby is well fed and you still have some milk left in your breast, pump it all until it is emptied... Try pumping in the morning and also at night before going to bed
All this will get your body used to pump ..

Join JustParents for free to reply

Search

Questions needing your answer

Latest Reviews