Join JustParents to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join for free

Being a foster parent is not easy.

billmoore_12billmoore_12
posted 1 year 11 months ago
My wife is working as a nurse at a local hospital. She met a pregnant young lady who asked her to take the child after the delivery. At that time, my wife felt nervous and excited at the same time. For three years of being married, we were not blessed with a child yet, so she agreed with the young lady. She told me everything about it and I agreed too. After the delivery, we took the child and adopted her. I let the baby use my last name. However, the adoption was not really legal. The young lady just asked us to take her child and that was it. Now that the child is already ten years old, her “real” mother came back to take the child. Of course, my wife did not let it happen but the mother of the child got mad and wanted to sue us. I know we have to let the child be with her real mother but it’s just really heartbreaking, especially for my wife. Loving me or loving each other is never enough. Sadly, we can’t have our own child.

AngelluaAngellua
posted 1 year 3 months ago
Being a parent is difficult, and being adopted parent is even more difficult. I always had the desire to adopt a child. I think it would be right. But my husband wants our children to grow up a bit.

Join JustParents for free to reply

Search

Questions needing your answer

Latest Reviews