Join JustParents to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join for free

Baby food stains!!

bagpuss07bagpuss07
posted 1 decade 3 years ago
- My blog
Please help... Crying I think i have tried everything.. has any one got good tips for getting baby food stains out... or product they use that work's ??? it's really frustrating when you pull it out of the washer and it's looking at you, and if it could it would be pulling faces Crazy as if to say am still here just to p*** you off...

Please help... thanks Smile

mumof2_jomumof2_jo
Found this its been a while for me lol so cant remember what i used but I remember ruining lots of clothes

Hope any of this hepls Wink

Some Tried and True Mixes:

Hydrogen Peroxide mixed 50/50 with water, then sprayed onto the stain and let set for at least 30 minutes, will usually get most stains out. Rinse with a 50/50 mix of vinegar and water, and then launder as usual.

Foaming shaving cream is another trick you can try. Spray on the spot (no need to rub in) and let set for 30-60 minutes. Make sure you use the foaming cream not the foaming gel.

Shout or Zout are both highly recommended stain removers. Treat the spot as soon as possible and then wash with regular clothing.

Make sure to launder in warm not hot water.

Some Don’ts:

• Do not iron or press stained fabrics; heat will set most stains.

• Never rub a fresh stain with bar soap (liquid is fine), it can set many stains.

• Avoid excessive rubbing, as this can spread the stain and cause delicate fabrics to be damaged or colors to fade.

• Avoid using heat on stains of unknown origin. Hot water can set protein stains such as milk and eggs (and most baby foods).

• Do not tumble dry the clothing if the stain hasn’t been removed after washing.

If none of the above seems to work, trash the clothing and learn from the experience!

alis378alis378
I have to say that nothing worked for me but then I'm not a believer in splashing out on loads of money to get stains out of clothes - that's what ebay's for ... buying new stuff when I've had to chuck all the others out. Thankfully am out of the baby stage now Very happy Very happy

hipmommahipmomma

alis378 said:
I have to say that nothing worked for me but then I'm not a believer in splashing out on loads of money to get stains out of clothes - that's what ebay's for ... buying new stuff when I've had to chuck all the others out. Thankfully am out of the baby stage now Very happy Very happy

i too am a fan of cheap clothes, if it doesnt come out in the wash, use it for playwear then chuck it! lol

sugarsugar Moderator
brilliant tip here! i used sterlising tablets made up in cold water - soaked the area of teh clothes that is stained for 10-15min and keep an eye on it especially if its coloured - then rinse and wash and repeat of nesseccary works on most clothes Smile

Join JustParents for free to reply

Search

Questions needing your answer

Latest Reviews