Join JustParents to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join for free

Missing Child on Holiday (madeleine)

miarubymiaruby
posted 1 decade 4 years ago
- My blog
hoping they find the lttle girl safe and well!

gotta get summin off my chest, take this how you will! it annoys me that they havent had any bad press for leaving them children alone, i think this is down to the fact that they are both health professionals so they are getting good press!
however if the parent was a young single parent who didnt work would the press still be the same! i know it sounds awful but its been buggin me and had to say it!
why havent they been questioned as to why them children was alone at such a young age in a strange place! or have they? i dunno!

i really am hoping she is found alive and well!

jodie xxx

CathyGCathyG
Everyone is thinking the same - why did you leave them alone, but this could have happened anywhere. What if you popped out to hang washing in the garden, or put rubbish out leaving your LO in the house, someone could (if they were watching you) break in & snatch the baby. What if you were filling up with petrol at the garage & were inside paying (baby in the car), someone could steal the car. What if your child was playing in the garden & you were washing up inside the house (looking out the window) you've only got to look away for a second & child could be snatched.(Ben Needham an example). On the beach, by the pool, in a shop etc its all places a child can easily be snatched. They were i believe still on the holiday complex, i expect they could see their apartment from the bar & were probably watching all the time. Noone deserves this to happen. They probably feel really guilty & if the worst happens will never ever forgive themselves for going out for a meal.

miarubymiaruby
- My blog
i totally understand what your saying and i am not saying it is there fault i totally feel for them and am hoping all is well with the little girl!

its an awful thing to happen and your right it could of happened to anyone at any time!

hope no one thinks am out of order for saying what i did, i didnt mean to sound like i was passing the blame onto them!

jodie xxx

alis378alis378
Hi, I dont think you are out of order at all. We were talking about exactly the same thing at playgroup today.

Yes, a child could very easily get snatched when your back is turned for a couple of minutes but to leave them like that is not right.

I do feel for the parents though and wouldnt wish this on anyone.
x

lottielottie
Im finding it really hard to read or listen on the tv about this poor little girl.It so upsetting.
Wishing that shes safe and well, and goes home with her family xx praying for her and her family xx

lottielottie
Im finding it really hard to read or listen on the tv about this poor little girl.It so upsetting.
Wishing that shes safe and well, and goes home with her family xx praying for her and her family xx

LadybugLadybug
I feel the same, Lottie. It's so heartbreaking. I was a neurotic mum already... but this thread is making me think about bolts on fences and extra locks on doors. I live in a really family-orientated estate. All the kids roam free, running around the neighbourhood all day til the early evening. My Katie is gonna wanna do the same... I'm gonna end up being the mean mummy who won't let her play at this rate...
What to do? You can't stop them growing, playing, interacting, learning independence. But you also can't allow them to be an easy target for evil people. Sad Face

What does everyone else do? Do you let your children out to play by themselves?

mumof2_jomumof2_jo

Ladybug said:
I feel the same, Lottie. It's so heartbreaking. I was a neurotic mum already... but this thread is making me think about bolts on fences and extra locks on doors. I live in a really family-orientated estate. All the kids roam free, running around the neighbourhood all day til the early evening. My Katie is gonna wanna do the same... I'm gonna end up being the mean mummy who won't let her play at this rate...
What to do? You can't stop them growing, playing, interacting, learning independence. But you also can't allow them to be an easy target for evil people. Sad Face

I had just started to let Eloise play on green outside house (she is 7 in Aug) with her older friend who is 11 but after this she is back in the garden, she thinks im so mean but better safe than sorry Suspect

kerryann71kerryann71
ive just been on the sky news website , i wrote a message on there last night . its messages to parents.

ive just been crying its really upsetting that some people can do this to little innocent children and get away with it.

i just hope and pray that these people think its wrong and they give her back to her parents , madeline looks a little like my daughter and its really upsetting. ive got a 4 year old son and my daughter turned 3 in april and ive got a 18 month old daughter im not sure how i would cope if anything happened to them.

i want an end to peodophiles they all need to be in prison or shot or mental hospitals , there is no cure for the mental disease so they should all been got rid of. no one should condone there actions they are just as guilty and have no respect for children around the world. children as young as new borns need more rights.

also these rich people in foreign countrys that want children that are not theres because they cannot have children of there own so they go and pinch children off the street that suit there needs. why ? , these innocent children are not theres they never gave birth to them they never grew them inside there tummys for 9 months and they never went through all that pain of labour . why take that away from the mother who went through all that , why ? .

im sorry its just so upsetting . this little girl is missing out on the love from her parents and sister and brother and grandparents , uncles , aunties etc etc .

if the person who has little maddy is reading this .. please please give her back .. please ..

from kerry.

bunnigirlbunnigirl
ahh so sad when u think what the baby might be going through or have been through praying she is safe3 and well and come home soon no matter what her parents did its not the babys fault
xxxxx

chezchez
What does everyone else do? Do you let your children out to play by themselves?[/quote]i live on a family oriontated estate to the kids are the same here my 3 yr old and 2 yr old get upset because all there friends are playing out on the street some as young as 18months without there parents watching and my girls want to do it but i cant bring myself to let them they are far to young so they can only go out when i am out there with them but with having a 5 month old aswell we have to come in for feeds etc so i am the bad mummy then because i have brought them in and wont let them play out on there own. But i cant risk my girls you dont know who is hanging around now a days

jade-leighjade-leigh
my girls never go out of the garden got quite a safe little garden and they havent gone out yet even tho there r older kids that come and play they all respect my views which is quite good my kids just love been out so long as u make things safe u ok

mum2kkmum2kk

chez said:
i live on a family oriontated estate to the kids are the same here my 3 yr old and 2 yr old get upset because all there friends are playing out on the street some as young as 18months without there parents watching and my girls want to do it but i cant bring myself to let them they are far to young so they can only go out when i am out there with them but with having a 5 month old aswell we have to come in for feeds etc so i am the bad mummy then because i have brought them in and wont let them play out on there own. But i cant risk my girls you dont know who is hanging around now a days[/quote]

I think you are doing the right thing, it is DISGUSTING that parents let their children out that young on their own, a few yrs ago a child got snatched from my street and BBC news were there (literally outside my door!) and they asked me what i thought about it and i said something along the lines of "well the parents let her play out every day on her own..what do they expect, its disgusting and the parents should be questioned on why she was on her own..." and the reporter gave me a dirty look and walked off haha! whoops

alis378alis378

chez said:
i live on a family oriontated estate to the kids are the same here my 3 yr old and 2 yr old get upset because all there friends are playing out on the street some as young as 18months without there parents watching and my girls want to do it but i cant bring myself to let them they are far to young so they can only go out when i am out there with them but with having a 5 month old aswell we have to come in for feeds etc so i am the bad mummy then because i have brought them in and wont let them play out on there own. But i cant risk my girls you dont know who is hanging around now a days[/quote]

I was the same when I was living in a cul de sac. My daughters friends all used to play outside but I never let mine, they hated me for it. We had a big garden for them to play in and they could have friends round. I did feel for them cos I wouldnt let them out, but at least I knew they were safe. There were quite often toddlers out there playing without parents watching and we quite often had cars speeding up to the top where we lived!!
x

miarubymiaruby
- My blog
thers alays young children playing down our street, which i dont agree with!

they dont just play down the street though they play football in the middle of the road!and we often have cars speeding around down here. they also think its good to play in empty houses back gardens where no one can see them and they dont know who is going to be in there!

but where are there parents? no where to be seen!

i would never let my daughter play out the garden its just not safe round here!

jodie xxx

GTTkelGTTkel
Even when my neighbour's kids who are 10 and 13 are playing outside I'll only let my two out with them if I go out with them too and literally keep them by my side

chezchez

GTTkel said:
Even when my neighbour's kids who are 10 and 13 are playing outside I'll only let my two out with them if I go out with them too and literally keep them by my side
your doing the right thing you have to now a days hunni its a horrible thought someone taking your kids away from you. you should be able to feel safe but i cant seem to trust anyone properly apart from close family with my girls i even worry if im going in the garden i have to lock my front door properly even though i have the chain on it all the time its just constant worry now a days my mum always says it was necer like this when i was younger everyone looked after everyone then

bunnigirlbunnigirl
i was sent a poster through the internet to email on to every one but i dont have ur addys so shall i just post it on here ?
xxxxx

mumof2_jomumof2_jo

bunnigirl said:
i was sent a poster through the internet to email on to every one but i dont have ur addys so shall i just post it on here ?
xxxxx

Ye sounds like a good idea to me so we can all send it Sad Face

Happy Birthday Maddi Praying you get home to your mummy and daddy today x x x x x

bunnigirlbunnigirl
i cant upload them so if any one would like them pm me ur email and i will pass them on for u there is 2
xxxx

Join JustParents for free to reply

Search

Questions needing your answer

Latest Reviews