Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

I had hyperemesis with my first

kimmyjinkimmyjin
posted 9 months 3 weeks ago
Hi, I had hyperemesis with my first, and I really had no cravings at all because I couldn’t keep anything down. Not even liquids. Even smells like toast or jasmine rice cooking made me throw up. When I was expecting my twins, I still had pretty significant morning sickness, but it wasn’t as bad. I loved salt and vinegar chips, Rice Krispie treats, mashed potatoes, and cucumber salad. Some days, I’d look at them and run to throw up, but then I usually had a window of about an hour where I would feel okay for a bit and could eat without getting sick. Enjoying healthy foods and being able to eat somewhat normally again (meaning more than 1/4 cup of food at a time) was amazing. Also, I learned during my first pregnancy, that they really don’t need your bladder nearly as full as they say they do, so I would only drink a glass or two before going in. I was never once told that my bladder wasn’t full enough. :)The doctors are telling me to eat junk food and meat, but I never really ate these two items before and have recently started.Staying positive and hoping this will past is sometimes hard with my hormones and being fatigued. It’s great to know other women are dealing with what I’m going through:) All of my gfs that had kids didn’t get morning sickness at all. I wish you all the best and take care. Rest…

RachelJ05RachelJ05
posted 9 months 1 week ago
Hey there. I hope that you're doing good. Okay so firstly congratulations on your pregnancy. A family is everything a person needs. One must do every possible thing to have it. Children, in fact, are a blessing. You must consider yourself very grateful that you have them already. So you have hyperemesis. It is actually a pregnancy complication. It is characterized by weight loss, dehydration with vomiting etc. It's symptoms nay include vomiting throughout the day. Even feeling of faintness also occurs. If you have excessive nausea or vomits, you should use Zofran. Reglan and Tigan are also good in the regard. This condition passes through the end of the first trimester. But hyperemesis sufferers may continue to feel the morning sickness beyond 14 weeks. My sister also had this. But this passes soon after her 12th week. So yes no need to worry. Take care of yourself. Much love.

Join JustParents for free to reply

Latest Reviews