Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

My little son is 3 and he is becoming rebellious day by day

posted 2 months 5 days ago
Hello. I have two sons and my younger one is behaving differently from the past few weeks. I am unable to help him as he won't tell me anything. He doesn't listen to me or his father too. My husband and I are trying to cope up with it. Anyone else going through the same problem? Please suggest me with something good.

posted 5 days 5 hours ago
Rebellion has become a big problem in our modern society. It is common and rampant in children aged between 12 and 20. However, I suspect that the signs of rebelling bring themselves up as soon as the child reaches 3 years. Unfortunately, most parents are not able to see it until the child reaches 10 years. It is good that you have noted these signs in your son at the age of three. In this post, I will try to focus myself on how you can correct rebellion in children. Notice that rebellious behavior can drive a wedge in how you relate to the child. Some parents think that applying a heavy strict way is one of the ways that can be used to correct rebellion. Unfortunately, this serves to cause the child even rebel more. Therefore, the best way to deal with this problem is to cultivate an open relationship. This way you will feel secure enough to share the kid’s feelings and correct the rebellion. You need to understand why the child is rebelling. If you notice that the rebellion is childish and is only being used to test the boundaries you may need to work on the child’s character. You should never take the behavior personally. Children rebel when looking for a reaction. If you yell, lose your cool or giving the child a silent treatment will only help to show that your child it is ok to express himself that way. You should define natural consequences that will occur in the event of a rebellion. If informing the teacher will help contain the behavior, it is recommended that you do so.

Join JustParents for free to reply

Latest Reviews