Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

anabolic steroids

damiradamira
posted 2 weeks 1 day ago
Hi! I am Damira. I am 35 years old. I am married for 3 years. I am interested in causes for infertility. I am asking can anabolic steroids cause infertility. I did not find anything that can help me to understand this.

nicoleSnicoleS
posted 2 weeks 1 day ago
Steroids have some influence on sperm activity. I think this is not permanent. Even after prolonged use of extremely high doses of anabolic steroids, sperm production can return to normal rates. For someone who stopped the consumption of anabolic steroids over 4 months ago everything can be normal again. 4 months are enough to put everything back to normal. I don't know do you talk about your husband. Don't worry. Even if he was consuming steroids for a long time everything can be OK. The most important is that he stopped.

damiradamira
posted 2 weeks 1 day ago
Yes, I am talking about my husband. He was using steroids as a proffesional bodybuilder. We are trying to conceive for some time. That is something that was troubling me. I am glad that you told me that. It is a great news. But still, there is some reason that I am not pregnant yet. We are trying for more then 2 years.

nicoleSnicoleS
posted 2 weeks 1 day ago
Probably there is some other reason. It's best to visit your doctor. You and your husband must do tests to see where is the problem. Do that as soon as possible. Don't make any conclusions before you know for sure. It would be easier for you if you know wht is the matter. If there is some problem that cause infertility you will learn how to deal with it. Some causes you can treat simply with medications. For some you need other treatments.

damiradamira
posted 2 weeks 1 day ago
Thank you Nicole. I will listen to your advice. I will call my doctor tomorow morning. First I must talk to my husband about it. I must convince him to go to the doctor with me. He don't like to go the doctors. I believe that he will agree with me. He wants a child like I do.

nicoleSnicoleS
posted 2 weeks 1 day ago
You told that he wants a child. I am sure that he wil do anything to achieve that. That will not be so hard to do. I will pray for you to succeed. I emphatize with everyone who is fighting with any kind of infertility. I was fighting for few years. I know how hard it may be to face with that issue. I can tell you that you will need a lot of strength and good will.

damiradamira
posted 2 weeks 1 day ago
You were fighting with infertility. That means that you defeated it. I am very glad for you. What was the cause for your infertility? How did you defeated it?

nicoleSnicoleS
posted 2 weeks 1 day ago
The cause for my infertility was blocked tube. It was recommended to me to try with ivf. First, I was afraid to try with treatment that is so stange to me. I was searching for explinations of that treatment. I was on internet every day reading about experiences. One day I finally decided to try. I did'n want to lose opportunity. I am not getting younger.

damiradamira
posted 2 weeks 1 day ago
I believe that this was a hard decision for you. I am sure the hardest in your life. You are brawe for trying something that was a strange to you. Where did you go for that treatment? I think there are many clinics for infertility. How to decide where to go?

nicoleSnicoleS
posted 2 weeks 1 day ago
It was so hard to decide. My husband was against that at the first time. He doesn't believe in something that did not come on natural way. When I finally convince him I was reading and reading. I found out about clinic in Ukraine, BioTexCom. I decided to try with them. Everyone talked about them only the good words. There is something else that helped me to decide. These treatments are expensive. Everyone told me that in this clinic you have the best medicine care but the price is lower then in other clinics.

damiradamira
posted 2 weeks 1 day ago
I am always jumping ahead. I don't what is the problem, if there is a problem, and I am already thinking about ivf. It's so easy to open your heart and mind to someone who understand how you feel. I am so glad that I shared my story. You helped me a lot. I was thinking only black. I will try from now to think positive. Thank you again for your time.

nicoleSnicoleS
posted 2 weeks 1 day ago
I am glad that you are feeling better now. Positive thinking is also important to get through this. Keep the good thoughts. I believe you will succeed if you try hard. I wish you to have not one, but as many children you want to.

Join JustParents for free to reply

Latest Reviews