Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

Advice needed please

Chelc_xxChelc_xx
posted 1 year 2 months ago
I'm 5 weeks pregnant and I had sex yesterday after I had sex there was a little bit of blood and I had a little bit this morning shall I worry or is it just because of sex

TrinityTrinity
posted 1 year 2 months ago
Dear Chelc.
There is no likelihood of the sexual intercourse harming your baby, which enjoys maximum protection in the uterus. Your baby is safe in the amniotic sac. Don't for a moment imagine that you have hurt your child because the blood is coming from your own body. The cause of light blood loss is happening after a passionate sexual activity is increased blood supply in the pelvic region. In this period of your pregnancy, there is a plentiful supply of little blood vessels, which is around the softened cervix. When you have sex, there is a possibility of rupturing those tiny vessels around the cervical area hence the spotting or blood that you saw. In case the session was rough, then you need to tone down a bit and see how it fares on next time although it may not guarantee the absence of blotting. If possible, you may need to use a lubricant to reduce any friction and attendant discomfort. Kindly avoid using a non-water based type of oil for lubrication like those with glycerin. Glycerin will increase vaginal thrush, which is a risk during pregnancy. You need to see your doctor and tell them about your blood loss during intercourse.

Join JustParents for free to reply

Latest Reviews