Join JustParents to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join for free

The BBC Needs Neighbours

alis378alis378
posted 1 decade 3 years ago
http://entertainment.uk.msn.com/tv/features/gallery.aspx?cp-documentid=4826980

I heard something about this last week, I will be gutted if it is withdrawn Sad Face

bagpuss07bagpuss07
- My blog
oh my god... that's just devastating.. TV on one will not be the same.. Crying Crying

RobRob Admin
- My blog
I'd rather the BBC weren't spending £100,000 an episode of our licence fees on a tired old soap though!

Just IMHO of course, I know Neighbours is still popular - but £100k? That's a ridiculous price increase from the £25,000 the current contract is for.

AlexAlex Moderator
ITV are taking it over apparently. Bagpuss07 you will still get your daily fix.

Rich I agree with you, Im sure they could be spending my fee money on something else.

DOWN WITH NEIGHBOURS!!! Razz

RichRich Moderator
I'm Rich, that was Rob..lol

Apparently Channel 5 have also got dibs on it Smile let battle commence Smile

CathyGCathyG
Used to love neighbours when Scott & Charleene were in it - bring them back i say. Very happy

GazelleGazelle
I'm with Rob, £100K per episode is absurd! Let ITV have it then they can pay for it and not me!

xxx

AlexAlex Moderator

Rich said:
I'm Rich, that was Rob..lol

Apparently Channel 5 have also got dibs on it Smile let battle commence Smile

Sorry Rich - think I have been spending too long on the computer and I ma seeing things Cuckoo

candgsmumcandgsmum
I thought channel five already had Home and Away??? Anyway, good for BBC for telling them to 'shove it', neighbours is ok but it's not worth £100K an episode!!

Sounds a bit like the Virgin/Sky battle!!! Crazy

LadybugLadybug
On this subject...

Who else thinks that the fees for blimmin BBC are outdated and outrageous??? Every other channel has to find their own funds. I hardly ever watch piggin BBC, and pay a pretty price for a good Sky package... Now why the hell should I have to pay for one lousy network - with NO CHOICE in the matter??? Ridiculous. They have the cheek to call it a 'licence'. It's daylight effing robbery - just think how much they are raking in - everyone in the UK with a TV has to subsidise them - grrrrr Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad

RichRich Moderator
The BBC have pulled out of the negotiations now, and Neighbours will dissapear off BBC 1 next year. The current battle is now between ITV and Channel 5 who want to do an Aussie hour running Neighbours and Home and Away back to back...all very well, but £100,000 per episode???? disgrace!!!

alis378alis378
£100,000 per episode is digusting and the aussies are pretty greedy asking form that sum of money. I resent paying the tv licence as it is I only ever watch a handful of programmes on the BBC and prefer the Freeview channels we have or ITV1 and Channel 4.
x

candgsmumcandgsmum
I honestly don't mind paying the license fee, we get a quite a few channels on the BBC now and tbh I think it has better programs than some I pay for on my cable. on the other hand suppose I opt to pay for cable but there is not much choice in paying your license fee, if you don't watch BBC it is a waste of money in that sense.

chezchez
sorry cant really say much not a neighbours fan but hope all the fans dont have to lose it

RichRich Moderator
Just to update you all

Channel 5 have now got the rights to Neighbours, Neightbours with advert breaks..nice, good job I don't watch it Smile

bunnigirlbunnigirl
i no what u mean rich but i dont watch it now unless there is nothing else on lol
so me not too bothered i much prefer ur story
so get on with it lol
xxxx

Join JustParents for free to reply

Search

Questions needing your answer

Latest Reviews