Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

Baby training and timing

leokokileokoki
posted 3 months 2 days ago
I have had a challenge in training my baby to poop on a potty. How did you go about it?

TrinityTrinity
posted 1 month 3 weeks ago
Dear, Leokoki.
First, congratulations on your bundle of joy and welcome to parenting. I found myself in an almost similar situation like yours when my first born had to learn how to use a potty. I later came to know through experience that teaching a child how to use a potty is not an overnight undertaking. It took me four months for my baby to know how to use the potty. In case you use the modified toilet seat potty, then you need to get a stepping stool that will enable your child to get to the seat in a very comfortable manner and feel stable and supported during the bowel movement. We bought training potty for use in all our bathrooms. You need to look for signs in your child indicating that they are ready to go to the potty. It is, therefore, necessary for you to teach the child words relating to the toileting process, and communicate to them verbally about the need to go and poop. Go over to the potty, sit on it, and then you get off the potty and leave the child to repeat what you have just demonstrated. I hope this shall help you and your child.

Join JustParents for free to reply

Latest Reviews